Manchester United 0-0 Newcastle United (16/10/2022)

Disco

9 hours ago, Nobody said:

I mean for fucks sake, disgraceful behaviour :lol:

Just get your yellow card out ref and do a 360 spin and get them all in your book. 

It's difficult to have sympathy for the officials when they could do exactly that for dissent but don't have the bottle to because of which club is involved.

3 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

It's difficult to have sympathy for the officials when they could do exactly that for dissent but don't have the bottle to because of which club is involved.

Just need to do a quick google of Andy D'urso to see these entitled cunts have been doing this for decades. Surrounding and intimidating officials and the sad thing is that it's worked out for them over the years. Consistently berating and abusing officials has worked out rather nicely for them. 

Daft thing is that referees could eliminate it all within a month if they all stood together and consistently sent off 3 or 4 each week from each team doing it. It would stop almost instantly. But they won't. So it continues. 

11 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Naturally it was evened-out by an almost-equally terrible decision (Longstaff on Sancho).

I genuinely think Trippier on Ronaldo was worse than this one. Ronaldo didn't dive and was bundled over. Sancho's dive was utterly ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

I genuinely think Trippier on Ronaldo was worse than this one. Ronaldo didn't dive and was bundled over. Sancho's dive was utterly ridiculous.

Was that the one where it was like a bang-bang play (NFL speak). Just after he had shot? Bit of a pet hate of mine, but they are never given. 

Even when players slide in late and absolutely wipe someone out just after the shot. Commentators often praise the defender for ‘putting them off’ or ‘he’s just done enough there’. Surely it’s a foul and a pen?! 

I wouldn´t have given any of the penalties either, they were all soft!

The decisions refs are making regards penalties are not consistent, there are different outcomes every time and it seems that VAR doesn´t really influence/help them much either.

I actually agree that the Ronaldo one was more of a pen. On the replay I was convinced it was gonna be a pen as Trippier completely took him out as he was shooting.

I thought the Sancho one by contrast was a dive and Longstaff never actually touched him.

11 hours ago, Cronky said:

Not saying this is necessarily the right interpretation of the laws, but I think the Wilson pen wasn't given because he'd lost possession of the ball and didn't look like recovering it. Another defender had come across.

I don't think the law is clear, but most refs don't give pens in that situation.

Longstaff's wasn't given I think because he had started withdrawing his leg just before the contact. There wasn't enough force there to bring Sancho down or even stumble.

It’s mixing up two laws, which seems to happen often when VAR makes a weird call.

A covering defender will prevent a red card but not a foul. VAR seems to incorporate things like this though to measure ‘reasonable doubt’.

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I actually agree that the Ronaldo one was more of a pen. On the replay I was convinced it was gonna be a pen as Trippier completely took him out as he was shooting.

I thought the Sancho one by contrast was a dive and Longstaff never actually touched him.

Ronaldo on was a stone wall penalty like [emoji38]

We were really lucky that 2nd half.

11 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Froggy made a rod for his own back with his rancid half time patter though. I’ll f the Wilson one wasn’t a pen then none were. So it was all fair really.

I was half cut to be honest. :lol: 

9 minutes ago, jack j said:

Makes it even worse

Out on the lash watching the football and you find time to come on a message board of a team you don't even support

Give it a rest FFS :lol: He frequently posts on the board regardless of whether we're playing the team he supports and it's hardly a cumbersome task to drop a message on a forum with your mobile :lol:

10 minutes ago, jack j said:

Makes it even worse

Out on the lash watching the football and you find time to come on a message board of a team you don't even support

I wasn't out on the lash I was sitting in my garage. :lol: There's just a bar in it.

2 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Give it a rest FFS :lol: He frequently posts on the board regardless of whether we're playing the team he supports and it's hardly a cumbersome task to drop a message on a forum with your mobile :lol:

Bit sad if you're out on the drink like

I'll give him a break saying as he was in his garage

Just now, Lenny said:

Unfortunately for you lads (and me sometimes), my homepage is the forum. :lol: It's the first website I check on my phone and laptop.

Manchester United have been charged by the Football Association following Sunday's Premier League draw with Newcastle United at Old Trafford.

It’s alleged that Manchester United failed to ensure its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during the 49th minute of this match.

The club has until Thursday, 20 October to respond.