Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

Class, that. Can't wait to see Arteta's interview.

Down to one team in the league with a single defeat this season after 20 games. :smug:

We didn't really lose that one either.

3 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

After the shite they've served up most of the season, kissing their shirts in front of the Gladwys st end is a bit beyond the pale like :lol:

I'm pleased for Everton. They have a bright Allardyce-esque future ahead of them under plucky scrapper Sean Dyche.

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

After the shite they've served up most of the season, kissing their shirts in front of the Gladwys st end is a bit beyond the pale like :lol:

Polar extremes isn’t it? Chasing players one week, to badge kissing obsession the next. Everton we’re really good, played Arsenal perfectly. Great win for them and a damming indictment for Lampard’s abilities as a manager. 

Just now, The Bonk said:

Polar extremes isn’t it? Chasing players one week, to badge kissing obsession the next. Everton we’re really good, played Arsenal perfectly. Great win for them and a damming indictment for Lampard’s abilities as a manager. 

Agree they played Arsenal perfectly but was referring to their players really. From putting in despicably bad performances to a well deserved win today is one thing but to stand in front of the home end kissing the shirt, have some dignity man

2 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Didn't Lampard get some new manager bounce as well?

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Deserved win, will be interesting to see whether this is a blip or the start of Arsenal doing the biggest Arsenal of all time.

Tough game against Brentford next week, then they have City at home, can see City winning that too.

6 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Agree they played Arsenal perfectly but was referring to their players really. From putting in despicably bad performances to a well deserved win today is one thing but to stand in front of the home end kissing the shirt, have some dignity man

[emoji38] it’s all a bit ridiculous, isn’t it?

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

Didn't Lampard get some new manager bounce as well?

Won 4 of his first 12 (no draws) I believe. Then went on a jammy run to stay up by the skin of their teeth.

12 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Tough game against Brentford next week, then they have City at home, can see City winning that too.

I think City have a tough game tomorrow

The way Arsenal struggle away to Everton is similar to how City struggle at Spurs, I'm sure I read they haven't even scored at the new stadium yet

Win tomorrow and City will smell blood, the game on the 15th will be huge

It's no shame to lose a game, but the way they lost also puts huge question marks over whether Arsenal will have the mental fortitude to see out the season ahead of City. They really didn't look like they knew how to turn the screw.

And actually it is shameful to lose against Everton.