Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Just now, LFEE said:

Every time I see him. He just makes the wrong decision every time.

Was at his best when he just played as a wing back bombing up and down the touch line. Was simple and straight forward for him. He's a fantastic athlete so it really suited him too.

But he keeps wanting to play in central midfield apparently and doesn't want to play as a full back/wing back anymore.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Was at his best when he just played as a wing back bombing up and down the touch line. Was simple and straight forward for him. He's a fantastic athlete so it really suited him too.

But he keeps wanting to play in central midfield apparently and doesn't want to play as a full back/wing back anymore.

He’s basically been in a huff ever since then. Never had the brain to play in the midfield 

Thought I'd see JWP passing and tackling stats for the season. 

1.9 key passes per game

51.2 passes per game

85% pass completion

1.7 tackles per game

1.4 interceptions per game

Bruno:

1.3 key passes per game

49.6 passes per game

84.4% pass completion 

2.4 tackles per game

1 interception per game

I know a lot of people can't see past the free-kicks and he wasn't great against us, but he'd definitely offer something different to what we've got beyond Bruno. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

I do not understand the controversy. :lol: Surridge swings at the ball and misses it. There is contact, on the replay, you can even see Lavia's foot turn. Not heavy contact, but certainly a foul.

The problem is that he had already played the pass. It was a massive exaggeration and it's not a non-contact sport. I tend to agree that 'foul' like that isn't worth 0.8xG.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Thought I'd see JWP passing and tackling stats for the season. 

1.9 key passes per game

51.2 passes per game

85% pass completion

1.7 tackles per game

1.4 interceptions per game

Bruno:

1.3 key passes per game

49.6 passes per game

84.4% pass completion 

2.4 tackles per game

1 interception per game

I know a lot of people can't see past the free-kicks and he wasn't great against us, but he'd definitely offer something different to what we've got beyond Bruno. 

He's the Kevin Nolan of Southampton

He'd be absolute dross here

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

He's the Kevin Nolan of Southampton

He'd be absolute dross here

Disagree like but fair do. Way better than what he's given credit for.

The 'eye test' obviously shows Bruno is far superior but if we had JWP we'd not miss Bruno half as much as we do when he's out now and he could work as a 'double pivot' with him in certain games too. There's obviously the bonus that he'd be worth an extra 5-7 goals a season or so with his set-pieces the number of corners and fouls we win. 

11 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Leeds are going to be extra dangerous on Saturday like. Absolute must win for them now.

Good, they'll have to go for it and try get the win which means we'll have more space to play through them. If they just played for a point and sat back with 10 men behind the ball it would be much harder to score.