Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Thomas Frank is doing some job at Brentford. Will be interesting to see how they cope when Toney gets an inevitable ban though 

Looked like he got a bad injury tonight so may have to cope sooner than expected 

TAA is excellent, and i don't buy that he can suddenly become a midfielder, he plays and knows a position. But the idea that there's some linear this right back is better than this right back is complete nonsense. If you want a right back who can put in crosses, there's probably none better. If you want a right back who can defend Tripps is excellent (as has been Walker). A fit Reece James feels arguably preferable too seemed to have less total defensive lapses.

But because he plays for liverpool he has to have a total wank fest about him rather than a reasonable discussion of his actual attributes. He is a mighty fine player, and if England wanted to go all out attack a fine choice for england right back, and it perfectly fine for liverpool to want to play that way. But the idea that it is easy to make him ranked better than Tripps? Hmmm. Hmmmm. 

11 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Neville giving Trippier the 'no disrespect' treatment when discussing Alexander-Armstrong, like something's broken that the latter isn't England's first choice. :lol: Trippier is loads better than TAA. 

Neville's regularly clueless and reactionary, the sooner people realise that the better. 

9 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I've never really got the "Trent should be a midfielder" thing when his best attribute is his crossing

Same, just don't think he has the attributes to play in midfield nowadays 

Though I do think when teams played 4-4-2 then he would have been class on the right win but no serious team really plays that formation any longer 

He's also Kevin de Bruyne

Trent has the 3rd most assists in PL history for a defender and he'll be top by the time he retires. Not sure why people would want to reinvent him as a midfielder where he'll get a lot less time and opportunities to cross the ball

12 hours ago, gbandit said:

Thomas Frank is doing some job at Brentford. Will be interesting to see how they cope when Toney gets an inevitable ban though 

It could be the FA time his ban with the injury he just picked up. Was stretchered off in seemingly a bad way last night.

Trent’s not a right-back or full-back or a right midfielder, he’s someone who should be given licence to play anywhere on the pitch as his passing, crossing, vision and pace and ability to get up and down the pitch is brilliant. I think he’s very good, Reece is similar, but a better player for me.

51 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

It could be the FA time his ban with the injury he just picked up. Was stretchered off in seemingly a bad way last night.

The FA will time it when they play the likes of Man City, arsenal, Chelsea etc