Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

3 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Potters been found out - I never rated him and thought it was more Brighton system that was responsible for their success with us taking the most important cog from there

Nah man, this is ridiculous.

Any system off the pitch cannot get results on it and he had his teams playing good football and over achieving.

Brighton are just really good at identifying quality managers.

Chelsea have completely screwed him over with their horrific transfer policy, 

Certain managers fit certain clubs, and out of all the "big" clubs in the Premier League, Potter fits Chelsea the least. I could have seen him going to Tottenham, Arsenal or Man United and doing a really good job, but Chelsea's club ethos is just not suited to his managerial style, point and case being  that some fans complained that he didn't get angry enough after that VAR decision last week.

23 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Didn't know, hope he's ok like

Just seen the video on twitter. One of the Southampton players kicks him the head and he collapses. Apparently didn't move at all even after he went on the stretcher. Really hope he's OK like as he has been one of the great pros for Chelsea amongst the shite and mercenaries ?

I love our Eddie but can't deny this guy is a class act.

This is how an articulate, intelligent manager reacts to defeat. The fact he sees right through Emi Martinez tells its own story.

14 hours ago, STM said:

I love our Eddie but can't deny this guy is a class act.

This is how an articulate, intelligent manager reacts to defeat. The fact he sees right through Emi Martinez tells its own story.

This "genius" football manager allowed Arsenal 67% possesion and 20 shots at goal.  Playing at home.  Give me Eddie any day.

I'm not persuaded that preserving a 3-2 losing scoreline instead of taking a risk to score a last minute equaliser is the right attitude. It would involve Alex Ferguson and Peter Schmeichel being wrong, among others. I'm open minded, but not convinced...