Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

I am still unable to process yesterday's game. Iconic result for me.  I don't think I will forget this game for another 20-30 years.

Now that our players return from injuries, we see the next phase of Liverpool's attack - Diaz, Jota, Nunez, Salah, and Gakpo. Nunez is the wild card. We expected someone more polished and refined for the money we paid. But at the same time, we play better when Nunez is playing. Klopp said it best - our attack is organized chaos, with Nunez being the chaos.

Many people are reading too much based on one freak result, whether it is Liverpool's ascendancy or United's issues. We are still the same team that struggled to break down Palace without Zaha. Our issues still remain until we fix our midfield. 

Hoping for a draw, but not sure what would be best if there had to be a winner. The fact Fulham can pass us makes me lean towards Brentford, even just from a psychological perspective, but Brentford are just 4 behind them, with 2 games in hand, and I possibly see them as a bigger threat in the long run.

Just as I'm typing, Brentford ahead already and they had started very brightly, even before the goal.

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Didn't realise Brentford are 11 games unbeaten

11 games unbeaten and they haven't lost at home when they've scored first in 2 years! Insane stats, preferably a draw but would take a Brentford win. Fulham winning would be another psychological hit for us, even with 2 games in hand, extra pressure we don't need right now.

11 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Should've been a second yellow that. Shite decision. 

Making out its not a yellow because the attacker wasn't in control of the ball. Hey just deliberately foul anyone off the ball if they look like they may get in to a promising position.

3 minutes ago, madras said:

Making out its not a yellow because the attacker wasn't in control of the ball. Hey just deliberately foul anyone off the ball if they look like they may get in to a promising position.

It's so obvious his bottle went, I'd be raging if that was against us.