Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Bournemouth look crap under this new forrin fella. I can almost hear Merson asking why they got rid of Gary O'Neil cos he knows the league and the club and this guy he don't know the Premier League.

Early days I suppose but if they get beat off Everton next week it looks canny bleak for them.

2 hours ago, Displayname said:

The leg wasnt straight, his foot rolled of the ball making him hit with his studs first. I think its a little harsh and not an obvious wrong decision for the ref to give yellow. And if it isnt an obvious mistake VAR has no business getting involved.

Wasn't straight? Looks straight to me.. Anyways the fact that his foot touches the ball doesn't change the fact that he goes in with power and a raised foot, with his studs leading the way. It's dangerous play, doesn't matter whether he intended to hurt the opponent or not. Here's an image of how it looks just before his foot hits the ball, his leg is pretty straight already, and the way he went in in the first place was already dangerous:

dc8f1ac586c8ae218fa2f0838f4535ad.thumb.png.27053c4b8cf7596fc2fe901d761fefec.png

Edited by Erikse

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Even more hard done by with the first. He was just running. 

I think that was probably more to do with avoiding a far more obvious yellow a few mins earlier. Almost certainly would have been in the refs thoughts.

5 hours ago, Pilko said:

Bournemouth look crap under this new forrin fella. I can almost hear Merson asking why they got rid of Gary O'Neil cos he knows the league and the club and this guy he don't know the Premier League.

Early days I suppose but if they get beat off Everton next week it looks canny bleak for them.

Fuck me that game is HUGE. #loserisfucked

I see the reaction to the Liverpool disallowed goal is bigger than any of the numerous poor decisions every other club has suffered. It’s no worse than the goal we had disallowed against palace last year. Glad it finally happened to them tbh.

7 hours ago, Erikse said:

Wasn't straight? Looks straight to me.. Anyways the fact that his foot touches the ball doesn't change the fact that he goes in with power and a raised foot, with his studs leading the way. It's dangerous play, doesn't matter whether he intended to hurt the opponent or not. Here's an image of how it looks just before his foot hits the ball, his leg is pretty straight already, and the way he went in in the first place was already dangerous:

dc8f1ac586c8ae218fa2f0838f4535ad.thumb.png.27053c4b8cf7596fc2fe901d761fefec.png

It may look straight from that angle, but from others you can clearly see that it wasnt. And that isnt what I would call raised foot. You can get lots of still images with a leg going in like that during a week of games.

You also have to question why VAR didnt show the other angles during the replay. It looks way worse from the angle they showed the ref. From behind and the other side you see that the leg wasnt straight and how his foot changed angle after rolling over the ball. But VAR didnt show these, only replayed the other 2 angles 3 times each. Why not give the ref all the information for such an important decision?

Edited by Displayname

7 hours ago, Pilko said:

TBF O'Neil was shit on 

What was the chat about Arsenal’s Nketiah penalty win? Only just saw it now and it looks like the defender gets to the ball first. Only saw one replay so correct me if I’m wrong but just felt it was glazed over. The second penalty is probably the most stonewall penalty you can get 

30 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Thought the only wrong decision was the offside goal.

Jones red is a red.

Jota red is a red. First yellow was unlucky if it was an accident. But the second was dumb.

Main the gave the first yellow was that he knew he should have given him a yellow for an earlier tackle.

57 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Crap set of fixtures today across the board.

Aye, it's grim, badly missing that marquee 4.30pm match. I probably will end up watching Blackburn vs Leicester and Forest vs Brentford though, and far more hipster, but Rennes vs Nantes at 7.45pm on TNT Sports could be OK - I do like watching random derbies.

18 minutes ago, 54 said:

Betis Vs Valencia at 8pm has an old school feel to it too.

Chelsea Vs Spurs in the WSL at 4:30pm too.

There's obviously other means to watch football these days (which I don't personally bother with), and just stick to terrestrial, Sky, TNT, Amazone etc. but the Spanish match being on Viaplay doesn't help. I did get it over the summer, was a right faff on trying to cancel, ended up keeping it for another month which I didn't want. Cancelled it at the bank after that, before eventually finding a way via a lengthy phone call with someone at Sky, so vowed never to purchase Viaplay again [emoji38].

That women's match is at 5.30pm. It's good in a way that women's football is more widely available - you go on to live-footballontv.com and around half the matches these days are women's, and a lot of them are free on the likes of FA Player, but despite all the success and feel good factor of the Lionesses, I just can't imagine the average person who would automatically tune into any Super Sunday match at 4.30pm, be like, can't wait for this Birmingham vs London Lionesses match later on. I'd imagine the lack of 4.30pm game would be due to a combo of the Ryder Cup final day, and to try and get as many additional eyes on the WSL with it being the first day of the season, but there's no doubt the average football fan on Sky will be thinking they are getting a far worse service today, and the ratings will reflect this, so hopefully it's not too common going forward and the heavy WSL promotion is mainly kept to men's international breaks.