Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

2 hours ago, Pilko said:

What I'd give for Arne Slot to be an absolute pudding who signs loads of expensive crap from the Dutch league and sets those bin dipping deluded cunts back 10 years.

Lightning ain’t gonna strike twice.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Foden is an incredible player. 27 goals this season; unreal return for a non-striker. 

Not quite Anthony Gordon though is he

6 minutes ago, Heron said:

Not quite Anthony Gordon though is he

Him CAM, Gordon LW and Saka RW at the Euros for me. Bellingham and Rice CM, Kane up top.

Insane amounts of ability; Palmer, Bowen, Eze, Grealish - plus Rashford - all waiting in the wings. But Gordon for LW, definitely. 

27 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Him CAM, Gordon LW and Saka RW at the Euros for me. Bellingham and Rice CM, Kane up top.

Insane amounts of ability; Palmer, Bowen, Eze, Grealish - plus Rashford - all waiting in the wings. But Gordon for LW, definitely. 

you do know who the england manager is , dont you?

Mateta just banging in class finishes every game with his shirt tucked in like peak R9 is one of the most bizarre things i’ve seen in football recently 

Just now, Smal said:

Mateta just banging in class finishes every game with his shirt tucked in like peak R9 is one of the most bizarre things i’ve seen in football recently 

That said, his second goal could’ve gone absolutely anywhere. 

Always thought he was good when he first arrived, real handful. But then he disappeared. Having Roy and all his creative teammates injured probably didn’t help. 

In a way he’s a simple player but he knows what he wants to do and can execute well. 

34 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

If only we had some defenders and a keeper eh

Posted (edited)

Sheff Utd really do have to go down as the worst ever PL side, like. So bad and absolutely no redeeming qualities.

Edited by Smal

2 minutes ago, Smal said:

Sheff Utd really do have to go down as the worst ever PL side, like. So bad and absolutely no redeeming qualities.

5 more points than Derby but Derby felt more competitive than them. Absolute waste of a space they've been this year.

Just me or does Ethan Pinnock always seem to have a shitter against us? Makes a nice change from the list of players who usually play a worldie against us.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Your mate Southgate will find a way to nullify them, fear not.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, timnufc22 said:

The way Klopp & Arteta behave, such as Arteta's disingenuous speech (and the clubs subsequent statement) after our defeat, actually undermines the game imo and seeing either of those lift the title this year would have been bad for game, just in a different way imo. Their lack of class, humility & maturity is actually off the scale and for Arsenal to be putting out that statement talking about an investigation (or something along those lines) was a disgrace and didn't get the backlash it deserved, because throwing the toys out the pram with the mentality of a 10 year old is creeping in to be the norm. It prevents progress of the games around refereeing quality, encourages further over-analysis with refs second guessing everything and the authorities getting tied up in trying to respond to and resolve the disingenuous hysteria. 

I do agree with what you've said about Man City in general though. It is why I would hate for us to spend/grow the club like they did before FFP; it's soulless and genuine sporting achievement is replaced by the luck of being taken over by the person who has the most money. Obviously that's over simplifying but you get the gist. I know everyone hates FFP and granted it supports the big 6 but there has to be some kind of regulation in place. Having said that, I do think when Pep leaves it will effect them and there's a decent chance they will drop off some levels and maybe not be this runaway train.

As much as I don’t like the way Arteta and Klopp behave, I just don’t share this view many of our fans have because they’re just individual idiots and don’t represent their club as a whole. I don’t think the relief of not seeing these guys win the league should be outweighing seeing the same - quite possibly very corrupt - team winning it ever year, eliminating all the excitement of the title race. It’s boring. And the managers we love to hate just get really emotional under pressure and are probably going to be far more likeable if they win it anyway. 

Then there’s the fans argument. Liverpool and Arsenal have a lot of fans and haven’t been enduring constant success recently (in particular the latter), so naturally there will be plenty of annoying and entitled ones, but they don’t represent the fanbases. I also hear people justify their views because they’ve “never met a Man City fan”, as if that’s a ringing endorsement. 

Edited by St. Maximin

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, jack j said:

Man u won 13 titles in 20 year or summit. Very close to 4 in a row on a couple of occasions as well. I found that boring as fuck seeing fergie abusing and intimidating refs every week.

There are clubs that have spent more than City in the last 6 or 7 years as well.

Guardiola doesn't get half the credit he deserves

Man United won the title on the last day in 98/99 but was never really in doubt, won it by 18points the following season and 10points in 00/01 - even with losing their last three games (having won four of the previous six, three of which didn't go down to the last day and one of which was lost by the skin of their teeth).

Its four in a row but its nothing like as dominant as that, and they're nothing like as despised. Its a much better situation now.

For all the acusations of boring their title races tend to go down to the final day, which isn't very common historically. Its not like they walk it.

The first 15 seasons of the Premier League and the three seasons before that only three times did the title race go down to the last day and most were at a canter, most  (if not all) of the Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester title wins were canters too.

Edited by Wolfcastle

7 hours ago, duo said:

Shearer doesn't get it - we need MONEY!!

They're going to be lying flat out, probably a light session tomorrow in front the media and fans, a gentle-ish kick about on Wednesday, then home. 

I don't like Liverpool but I love Klopp. I honestly think he's the best manager in the world. When he took over Liverpool they were probably at a similar level to where we are now and he won the champions league in his 5th season I think it was. His gegenpress football is great, he's brilliant in the transfer market and he's super charasmatic. His fist pumps are magnificent too and we'd love it if Jason Tindall did them. Klopp's emotional bond with the fans of all his previous clubs reminds me of ours with Keegan and you only really get that by being the sentimental type I think.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Alan said:

I don't like Liverpool but I love Klopp. I honestly think he's the best manager in the world. When he took over Liverpool they were probably at a similar level to where we are now and he won the champions league in his 5th season I think it was. His gegenpress football is great, he's brilliant in the transfer market and he's super charasmatic. His fist pumps are magnificent too and we'd love it if Jason Tindall did them. Klopp's emotional bond with the fans of all his previous clubs reminds me of ours with Keegan and you only really get that by being the sentimental type I think.

Jeez, you know he’s not going to shag you? 

4 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Jeez, you know he’s not going to shag you? 

Ooh Bawdy. I don't think you pull premier league managers with that sort of attitude.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Monkey Alan said:

He also spent a fuck load of money to get there, but it gets hidden behind the ‘net cost’ marker.

Man Utd collapsed when he was there, Chelsea went through a transition or 5. Arsenal fell off the pace for quite a while. Spurs were also Spurs, so the only consistent competition he’s had has been Man City, and he beat them to the title only once, in fact he let Leicester win the title ahead of them.

Is he a good manager, aye, you can’t deny that, but he’s not the great the media, and Liverpool fans will let you believe. 

Edited by Stifler