Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

No, Inter Miami thinking Puerto Ricans, Cubans and Domicans play football. They don’t. They play baseball and their baseball team doesn’t speak Spanish so why does their football team? 

Doesn’t sit right. 

9 hours ago, Astroblack said:

No, Inter Miami thinking Puerto Ricans, Cubans and Domicans play football. They don’t. They play baseball and their baseball team doesn’t speak Spanish so why does their football team? 

Doesn’t sit right. 

Fútbol is a more south American sport. They are not catering to that group, and that group tends to consume their sports in English mostly. 

As opposed to south Americans who consume fútbol in Spanish. If you are Latin or Hispanic, or a Miami resident, you would know that.

You know how many leagues are broadcast in Spanish speaking channels vs English speaking? 

How many baseball, basketball, etc leagues are broadcast in Spanish? This is not California.

Anyone that lives in the USA and pays attention, knows that Spanish sources in California are different than Florida, which are different than Texas, which are different than the northeast. It's not a monolith.

And those that follow fútbol, soccer, or whatever you want to call it, consume it in Spanish. 

2 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Didn’t Brighton have a player sent off?

They did, Hecke. I never bothered to investigate what minute he went off but the video shows the challenge that produced the second yellow and therefore red.

5 minutes ago, BergenMagpie said:

Liverpool conceded 4 against the mighty Greuther Furth. Fielded a pretty solid team too. Hope those defensive flaws carries into the season

They certainly haven’t made their midfield any more defensive. 

On 24/07/2023 at 15:01, BergenMagpie said:

Liverpool conceded 4 against the mighty Greuther Furth. Fielded a pretty solid team too. Hope those defensive flaws carries into the season

Hendo deserting a sinking ship ? 

35 minutes ago, Magpie said:

The state of the Man U playing a team like that man! Absolute fucking wankers

That was the agreement as we play Real Madrid tonight. 

Settle yourself. 

On 24/07/2023 at 16:50, Optimistic Nut said:

What are Rosenborg like these days? Hearts have them in a Europa League Qualifier. 

They're absolutely shite. No longer a force even in Norway.

Big local derby. 

Did I see Hearts got done in Mansfield or someone the other day? 

Power is all up north in Norway these days. Bodo better than all and Tromso going well too, get them back in Europe.

On 24/07/2023 at 17:50, Optimistic Nut said:

What are Rosenborg like these days? Hearts have them in a Europa League Qualifier. 

They were ran straight into the ground by incompetent leadership. Then they sacked the board and appointed an even more incompetent board, hired a manager that was the anthesis of what had been their «style» of football for over three decades and kept bringing back players 33+ years of age because they had been great for them

when they were in their early twenties before they got sold. Now they’re managed by a guy who’s only known for relegating teams and can’t put a penny together between them.

It’s like watching a car crash in slow motion.

6 hours ago, gbandit said:

Mark flekken for Brentford has looked shite, what’s the story there, is Raya off?

Trying to secure a move to Spurs on his own

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/transfer-news/david-raya-tottenham-transfer-hint-27144568

I know there are rumours about me leaving. There are some options for me to go but obviously Brentford are asking for a lot of money. That could make clubs not want to buy me, it could make them look somewhere else. But if that's the value they give me then it's up to them. I have a year left on my contract and until then I'm a Brentford player, there's nothing I can do. I have ambitions to make the next step in my career. I want to try to win titles and to compete in Europe in the next couple of years. I'm 27 now and I feel like I'm at the point in my career when I want to make that step up. There are options out there but it's not just my ambitions, the club also needs to let me go.