Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

21 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

For real? 

Laughable quotes, like. That early strike aside they were never in it. 

He's got to finesse and spin it somehow though. It's 100% pigshit obviously but if he says they just played it long ball, got lucky once then just sat back he'd get slaughtered. Standard fare from a bullshit merchant like him

32 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

For real? 

Tbh rashford could and should have had 3.

Just spotted Stade Brestois' sudden and unexpected rise to 2nd in Ligue 1. Quick read up suggests there's no caveats in the form of them receiving financial windfalls or being beneficiaries of multi-club ownership, or anything like that; they're just a solid team having an amazing season. 

5 hours ago, gbandit said:

Was talking about how on another night they could have won the game. He’s an utter joke of a manager like 

It's ridiculous they are 6th with a negative goal difference, like :lol: 

They just seem to play with no identity whatsoever and he seems totally uninspiring as a manager. Just someone who comes across as very hard to get behind from a players or fans perspective. 

10 hours ago, toon25 said:

We're on a wing and a prayer to beat City in the cup, like. They look totally on it 

Dunno, possibly best for us that they have other fish to fry. More chance of them resting someone.

Them at full strength and in clinical late-season mode, I'd give us very little hope, much of that dependent on "the bounce of the ball" and other random factors.

2 hours ago, Stottie said:

Dunno, possibly best for us that they have other fish to fry. More chance of them resting someone.

Them at full strength and in clinical late-season mode, I'd give us very little hope, much of that dependent on "the bounce of the ball" and other random factors.

Can’t see them playing a full-strength team against you in the cup though.

10 hours ago, Yorkie said:

For real? 

I've officially moved into "the jury's out" thought process. The injuries he's had to deal with this season are ridiculous and whenever he gets players back we seem to go on a decent run. 21 different CB combinations this season from 27 games. We're forced to play Jonny Evans away to City with Lindelof at left back. :lol: I'd like to give him a bit more time, but by more time I don't mean another season. I'm actually pinpointing the Newcastle game for a decision as we'll have had a few tough games around then and that game against you will likely decide whether we get into Europe or not.

Saying that, I do find it hard to continue to back a manager who's saying these sort of things to the press. The faith waivered earlier in the season when he said he wouldn't try and implement the Ajax style of football at us because the club and players dictate the style. He constantly comes out after bad defeats and says we played well, even though it's never the case. I understand trying to protect the players but half the team are a bunch of soft cunts that are overprotected and it shows.

Rashford is a joke and all like. I actually cringed a bit when he scored that goal yesterday, especially since he did that players tribune interview. He proved shortly after that it was nothing but a fluke. Fluffed two chances that most decent strikers would have converted and then was constantly hurling himself to the ground because he couldn't handle getting absolutely bossed by Walker. He was zero help to Lindelof as well. They destroyed our left hand side the same way Fulham did and the same way Villa did. 

Must win on Saturday now for Ten Hag you'd think, as we'll be out of the FA Cup next week.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

He constantly comes out after bad defeats and says we played well, even though it's never the case. I understand trying to protect the players but half the team are a bunch of soft cunts that are overprotected and it shows.

This is interesting considering who he has on his coaching staff, because that is exactly what Steve McClaren used to do when he was our manager :lol: we'd get absolutely legged over, well beaten, not even in the game at all and he'd come out saying we played "magnificent" and that we'd be fine if we played that way every week. Wonder if Hair Island has given Baldy some bad media tips.

14 minutes ago, Pilko said:

This is interesting considering who he has on his coaching staff, because that is exactly what Steve McClaren used to do when he was our manager :lol: we'd get absolutely legged over, well beaten, not even in the game at all and he'd come out saying we played "magnificent" and that we'd be fine if we played that way every week. Wonder if Hair Island has given Baldy some bad media tips.

What a miserable time that was. I despise McClaren almost as much as Bruce. He was absolutely useless.