Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Badly. We really need them to win.

Are we even going to be competing for those places anytime soon? I get the impression spending limits are about to get more severe for the non-cartel clubs, so an extra CL place just means more revenue for the usual suspects.

You almost have to admire Gomez. Never scored a senior goal in his career. But will that stop him trying a few outrageous shots from miles out every game? Will it fuck. 

1 minute ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Are we even going to be competing for those places anytime soon? I get the impression spending limits are about to get more severe for the non-cartel clubs, so an extra CL place just means more revenue for the usual suspects.

Getting an extra Champions League place means that we could potentially get a European place by finishing 8th.

We are currently competing with Italy and Germany for the extra place. With the way the draw is, and how West Ham could drop out of the top 8 (thus reducing the European sports to the top 7 again) and get a Champions League spot by winning the Europa League, we essentially need Liverpool to win it.

That Salah offside was gorgeous but if there’s one thing I hate about VAR it’s that commentators MUST tell us every single time they check. You can hear them just itching to say it. Half the time the check has already been complete.