Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, joeyt said:

Realise it isn't always as simple as this but Arsenal getting Trossard instead of Mudryk looks like such a huge blessing in disguise

Aye. shows that technical ability and IQ is often more important than raw talent and physicality. 

Spurs seem to find a way to play it back to their defenders, no matter what the situation is. Son or Kulusevski just does not seem to want to attack, just drop it back all the time.

Spurs play football like a hyperactive 9yr old. Alot of sprinting around with no real aim and screaming when things don't go their way.

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Realise it isn't always as simple as this but Arsenal getting Trossard instead of Mudryk looks like such a huge blessing in disguise

Having a sneaking suspicion that if he'd gone to Arsenal instead of Chelsea he'd have been quality.

Arsenal looking strong and very organised here, they've become a really tough but to crack. Even getting 1 seems like a big job home or away against this lot, just defending a unit and covering for each other, putting in the graft. 

They look like champions tbph

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Is it right that Brighton have only one 6 of the last 28 games ?

Sounds about right. Goes under the radar how many humpings they’ve had also.

1 minute ago, midds said:

Arsenal looking strong and very organised here, they've become a really tough but to crack. Even getting 1 seems like a big job home or away against this lot, just defending a unit and covering for each other, putting in the graft. 

It pains me to agree, as a team I think they're well rounded front to back, solid to break through and formidable upfront, I just cannot bring myself to want them to win because their manager is an angry piece of lego and their fans are atrocious.

1 minute ago, Mattoon said:

It pains me to agree, as a team I think they're well rounded front to back, solid to break through and formidable upfront, I just cannot bring myself to want them to win because their manager is an angry piece of lego and their fans are atrocious.

Agree. 

5 minutes ago, midds said:

Makes the job we did on them earlier in the season all the more impressive. We where unbelievable defensively that game.

Arsenal look so well balanced imo that actually they should be getting mroe stick for not having won the league. I really think Man City have looked pretty atrocious at times this season, much more erratic than Arsenal and yet we're here with City almost certainly winning their remaining games and the league with it. I know in actuality City probably have been brilliant a lot and arsenal been lukewarm a lot but City and Liverpool have both looked out of sorts it feels all season, it'll be written as a close call and a bit unlucky but I think Arsenal properly blew it

4 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Arsenal look so well balanced imo that actually they should be getting mroe stick for not having won the league. I really think Man City have looked pretty atrocious at times this season, much more erratic than Arsenal and yet we're here with City almost certainly winning their remaining games and the league with it. I know in actuality City probably have been brilliant a lot and arsenal been lukewarm a lot but City and Liverpool have both looked out of sorts it feels all season, it'll be written as a close call and a bit unlucky but I think Arsenal properly blew it

Arsenal had a wobble in December I think. Drew and lost games they shouldn’t. 

But from GW20 or so they’ve been the best team in the country.  

Arsenal need to be careful not to piss Spurs off too much this half, they still need them to try again City last week of the season. The Spurs fans will obviously want them to lose the game but a pumping today could change the players attitude too

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Makes the job we did on them earlier in the season all the more impressive. We where unbelievable defensively that game.

Cannot begin to describe how sweet it’ll feel if they lose the title due to the points we took from them that game 

Just now, Ben said:

Brighton are having an awful end to the season

Feel like it’s a very strong indicator that de Zerbi is off and probably has already lined up his next move