Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

If Spurs do lose this then we could be seriously close to them by the end of the weekend. Makes the palace game stick out even more: 

Just now, Stuy_O said:

If Spurs do lose this then we could be seriously close to them by the end of the weekend. Makes the palace game stick out even more: 

The problem is us beating Burnley. :lol:

2 minutes ago, STM said:

I also don't think Kane would have made that much of a difference. There issues aren't really at that end of the pitch. Their midfield seems super soft too me and they lack options in wide areas.

I dunno, he's about as talismanic as they come these days. He leads from the front and empowers those around him.

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

What?

I know Fiorentina have a purple home kit, I was just saying how I wished more clubs had that colour as an away kit, though I worded it terribly :lol:

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

I know Fiorentina have a purple home kit, I was just saying how I wished more clubs had that colour as an away kit, though I worded it terribly :lol:

The Fiorentina kit with Nintendo as a sponsor is the best kit of all time imo.

4 minutes ago, Funtime Frankie said:

What a finish from Chancel Mbemba. Never given the chance for us

Cracking goal although TBF he was making up for being doubly at fault for the Atalanta goal.

10 minutes ago, Funtime Frankie said:

What a finish from Chancel Mbemba. Never given the chance for us

He was given a chance, just couldn't follow Rafa's instructions

28 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I think you have just gotten used to the extra minutes, because what you are saying is simply not true.. The rules are still there in use.

https://www.ft.com/content/f4584a58-df20-4bdb-bd71-f485e590d0c6

Couple this with the fact that there is way less timewasting in general due to the new rules, which may also have gotten increasingly better during the season, we are probably talking around 10 minutes more ball in play per game. Which again means more than 15% more football being played. Over time, that will have a real impact on player health.

The rule is still in place obviously but they aren’t sticking to it anymore most games. 

Don’t give me player health when you can have so many options on the bench and five substitutes generally being made per team each game.

It’s just a more physical and faster game in England. Always has been. It’s quite striking how much so if you ever attend games abroad.

Watched games in many European countries and most of them are like walking pace for the majority of the games with minimal contact allowed.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, TRC said:

The Fiorentina kit with Nintendo as a sponsor is the best kit of all time imo.

7up version for me.

Especially when they lost 7 to Milan in it.

Edited by Jonas

Villa demonstrating how that competition is not a walkover at semi final stage, especially when you’re also scrapping for 4th place in the league.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Brendan Johnson looks incredibly annoying. Constantly in positions to play in a decent ball and hasn't once done it.

He's exactly the same as at Forest, fast and direct with huge potential but needs a massive amount of coaching and help with decision making.

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Brendan Johnson looks incredibly annoying. Constantly in positions to play in a decent ball and hasn't once done it.

Can't work out if he's any good or not

Just now, joeyt said:

Can't work out if he's any good or not

If he sorted his final ball out he'd probably be canny good. Struggling to see the appeal at the moment though