Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

8 minutes ago, Flip said:

La Liga could deduct points off Valencia. Show they’re serious. 

They'll have to do something, that was pretty awful on watching replays. Do they even understand what VAR is supposed to be for?

He should leave Spain if it’s that bad, fuck them, why bother with them any longer? This is another example of why the Premier League is streets above every other top league. I’m not saying racism and other things like homophobia don’t exist in the EPL, they do, but there’s genuine efforts to stamp it out. 

UEFA needs to hand heavy sanctions onto countries like Spain, Italy and some Eastern European countries who are guilty of this shit constantly. Ban them from European competitions if you have to. 

12 hours ago, Decky said:

UEFA needs to hand heavy sanctions onto countries like Spain, Italy and some Eastern European countries who are guilty of this shit constantly. Ban them from European competitions if you have to. 

Credit where it’s due. The spanish football federations president just held a press conference where he apologized and even asked people to ignore La Ligas presidents irresponsible comments, basically calling him an idiot. While it’s only words and actions are needed, he refused to blame the victim in this case and find excuses and stated that it is a problem and it has to be solved. 

*this is the bare minimum and normally shouldn’t be given credit. But world is fucked.

Edited by Flip

On 21/05/2023 at 22:37, huss9 said:

the fellas in  the VAR room need calling out and sacking.

totally ignored the 10 seconds leading up to his shove.

They have been sacked. That was completely beyond the pale. I mean, sadly our racist fans are sort of part of the landscape, but the VAR people targeting him is like, what. 

The whole thing is disgraceful. Maybe it's the kick on the arse the league needs, but it's not the first time we get a major incident like this and after a time of dropping the hammer, things go back to regular programming.

9 hours ago, Village Idiot said:

They have been sacked. That was completely beyond the pale. I mean, sadly our racist fans are sort of part of the landscape, but the VAR people targeting him is like, what. 

The whole thing is disgraceful. Maybe it's the kick on the arse the league needs, but it's not the first time we get a major incident like this and after a time of dropping the hammer, things go back to regular programming.

wow.

looks like finally the auhorities have been shamed into taking action.

i think that carlo's shamed them further by saying this doesnt happen in england... i suppose he forgot his little stay at chelsea.

i didnt go to any games in the late 70's early 80's as a kids due this kind of racist shit in and outside the stadium

me and my kids now sit proudly in the gallowgate and they're quite shocked when i told them what it used to be like.

the last time i had any shit was on the undergound on the way to an away game at stamford bridge... "just banter".

we're not perfect over here buy my goodness thats medievil shit across there.

Edited by huss9

49 minutes ago, huss9 said:

wow.

looks like finally the auhorities have been shamed into taking action.

i think that carlo's shamed them further by saying this doesnt happen in england... i suppose he forgot his little stay at chelsea.

i didnt go to any games in the late 70's early 80's as a kids due this kind of racist shit in and outside the stadium

me and my kids now sit proudly in the gallowgate and they're quite shocked when i told them what it used to be like.

the last time i had any shit was on the undergound on the way to an away game at stamford bridge... "just banter".

we're not perfect over here buy my goodness thats medievil shit across there.   Im thinking of  organising a 'WHITE HERITAGE' theatrical event , WHITEY ONLY?

Can't remember a PL match with so little jeopardy on it than tonight's match between Brighton and Man City. Brighton are 99% going to finish 6th and Man City have obviously won the league, minds probably elsewhere, and no points records to chase down. That said, it's two very good sides who have had great seasons, so could be a good spectacle, and live TV matches will start to become few and far between very soon.

Would La Liga/Spanish FA not consider a stadium ban for Valencia @Village Idiot ?

Really if they banned fans for the first 5/10 games next season, or even if they threw the book at them and rightly banned them for the entire 23/24 season, surely that would send the correct message that it isn't tolerated?

1 minute ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Would La Liga/Spanish FA not consider a stadium ban for Valencia @Village Idiot ?

Really if they banned fans for the first 5/10 games next season, or even if they threw the book at them and rightly banned them for the entire 23/24 season, surely that would send the correct message that it isn't tolerated?

Valencia are complaining that the current stand being closed for 5 games discriminates against those supporters that didn’t shout the rascist abuse. Can’t see La Liga enforcing a whole stadium ban. 

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Valencia are complaining that the current stand being closed for 5 games discriminates against those supporters that didn’t shout the rascist abuse. Can’t see La Liga enforcing a whole stadium ban. 

Which is a fair argument, however fuck them. It maybe is harsh punishing those who didn't chant, but it would also go a long way to pissing off their fans so that next time there is any racist chanting, those chanting would be reported/called out within the stadium.

The only way to send the correct message is to ban all fans from the stadium, imo.

I forgot Brighton actually needed one point to mathematically confirm 6th place, even though it's 99.9999% likely.

I wonder if there's the odd Brighton fan bricking it in case they lose 5-0 here and 6-0 on Sunday [emoji38] or placing hedge bets just in case.