Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

I interpret that as Klopp trying to send a message out that his squad is a bit short. Playing a forward in CM, dragging Salah off and replacing him with a few kids etc. Suggesting that (even) more money needs to be spent to improve the team. Losing Henderson, Fabinho and Milner in one summer has caused issues. Hopefully it'll unravel asap

Echo what Rich said, there's nothing on display this afternoon that causes me too many sleepless nights. Liverpool look disjointed and unbalanced and Chelsea are still trying to work out who they are and how they want to play. They're both there for the taking. Likewise Spurs look inconsistent at best. 3rd or 4th has to be the target now, think City and Arsenal are clear, not sure about Man U yet but we're in the conversation :)

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I’ll reserve judgment on where these 2 until I see them After the window closes.  

They both need to find a couple levels. 

I don’t think we finish 4th with the squad we had GW1 (Isak joining was such a lift and I think motivated Wilson).  

Is that this season you think that, or last? Or both?

2 minutes ago, astraguy said:

does top 5 get cl this season or next? livescore still has it down as europa 

It depends on performances of English clubs in Europe this season. Two extra place for the two best performing leagues in Europe THIS season. So we won't know if 5th is a CL place until later in the season - but I would say is very likely to be one.

Too early in the season to make judgements but none of Liverpool, Chelsea or Spurs looked anything special, even Arsenal looked shakey at times, I'd be happy with top 6 but early signs puts us in the conversation for top 4 again.

Sturridge seems pretty articulate and interesting and doesn't need to do anything more than talk about the game. Richards has his ridiculous gimmicky laugh, Keane is ridiculously moody and controversial but Sturridge doesn't need a gimmick, he doesn't need to try too hard. Just stick to talking about the game ffs

3 minutes ago, midds said:

Sturridge seems pretty articulate and interesting and doesn't need to do anything more than talk about the game. Richards has his ridiculous gimmicky laugh, Keane is ridiculously moody and controversial but Sturridge doesn't need a gimmick, he doesn't need to try too hard. Just stick to talking about the game ffs

Sturridge just seams to be another pundit who doesn’t want to upset people and wants to be all their mates. Don’t like him as a pundit. First time he has done it as far as I know but just feels like an awkward love in type of punditry. 

Liverpool looked very sharp attacking wise for 20-30 minutes and are very capable of doing damage.

They looked a bit like villa in the second half, ran completely out of breath!

If we keep it tight first half I reckon we could well do them.

I think this year's Liverpool, same with last season is, don't get caught on the counter by them. They are dangerous if you let Salah get in behind your full back at full speed etc. But apart from that they are no where near as strong as they were a few years ago.

It's something I noticed alot last season about the so called "big six" now that we can compete, you realise that most of them bar City and Arsenal, were primarily just counter attacking sides with lots of pace. Spurs with Son and Kulusevski, Man u with Rashford, and Liverpool with Salah, Nunez, Jota etc.