Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

If we sign a couple of decent players in the right places in January we’ll have a good second half of the season. 

The difference between a tactical brain like Emery and a throwback like Gerrard is immense.   

Four league games in charge - none of them easy - nine points, and the one we lost was Liverpool. A promising start. 

To give Gerrard some credit, he did work hard on getting Kamara in for us, spent time with him over in France etc etc, and he's the player we've missed for at least 10 years, he's been absolutely superb.

And that's the end of me being nice to Gerrard.

I'd make Liverpool and Man Utd favourites for top 4 (assuming 2 spots have gone), but if we can finish above one, or both, of Spurs and Chelsea then that would be fantastic. I'll still hope that the aforementioned former 2 drop points while we're very much in contention, but definitely have more eyes on those two London clubs results at the moment.

Impressive turnaround by Villa - just shows what an upgraded manager can do.

Obviously a fair few on here don't like them, but if Villa continue to improve and strengthen then it can only be good for the PL generally - soon pretty much every game week there'll be a 'big' / intriguing fixture to look forward to, and less seemingly foregone conclusions.

I'm just pleased we've got our house in order as if we were still under Bruce and Ashley battling for 14-17th every season then I would have been jealous of what they might have going on there :lol:

Just noticed Forest now have a shirt sponsor.

Must be to fund their next 20 odd signings this month.

EDIT: 'United Nation Refugee Agency' but Forest are paying them, apparently??

Edited by TK-421

Pleased to see Spurs getting the result they deserve. Results like that have been in the post for ages and are long overdue.

People talk about Liverpool being lucky but at least they've sometimes got what they deserved for being poor, Spurs have been on another level in terms of squeaking out results while being consistently rubbish. The results today and against us should have been much more regular occurrences this season.

If you watched any random Spurs match this season and hid the strip and didn't see the goals, you'd guess they were about 14th in the table.

I find the reluctance to be honest about Lloris amongst some pundits a bit weird as well. We all witnessed the same thing when De Gea and Cech had poor spells or dropped clangers, but Lloris doesn't have the previous form those two had to make it a bit more understandable - Lloris has always been dodgy and likely always will be. 

Pleased for Emery and Brummie, well deserved.

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Get in. Leeds result doesn't look so bad at all if this stays the same after the earlier game.

It's been pretty much a perfect weekend for Man United and Arsenal, but you're right about our result too, it's looking better than it did at full time, as things stand.