Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 minute ago, Wullie said:

Wonder if there's already a bit of pre-World Cup putting the brakes on. The last two rounds of PL games have been absolute dreck.

Was thinking exactly this, also, after the World Cup the first few games will be shit too. The World Cup better be fucking class as I’m already annoyed at how broken up this season is 

40 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Amazon must be delighted to have paid through the nose for the most cripplingly dull set of Premier League games I can remember.

They've done the same over here with the NFL. Really enjoying it tbh :lol:

I see Stevie Gerrard is trying his best Stevie Bruce impression.

"It was nowhere near what I wanted or expected. I picked a very similar team [to the Chelsea game] to try and build on that performance. I was excited to see if we could take it from there.

"If it wasn’t for the goalkeeper it could have been over by half-time. I got in amongst the players at half-time and expected a reaction.

"I expected a reaction in the second half but against a team like Fulham, who are well coached, it’s difficult. Inconsistency has cost us, that’s the position we find ourselves in. I took over the team in a very similar situation. We’ve tried to recruit to get us out of that situation.

"I’m a fighter – it’s in my DNA. I’ll continued to fight unless I’m told differently."

41 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

I see Stevie Gerrard is trying his best Stevie Bruce impression.

"It was nowhere near what I wanted or expected. I picked a very similar team [to the Chelsea game] to try and build on that performance. I was excited to see if we could take it from there.

"If it wasn’t for the goalkeeper it could have been over by half-time. I got in amongst the players at half-time and expected a reaction.

"I expected a reaction in the second half but against a team like Fulham, who are well coached, it’s difficult. Inconsistency has cost us, that’s the position we find ourselves in. I took over the team in a very similar situation. We’ve tried to recruit to get us out of that situation.

"I’m a fighter – it’s in my DNA. I’ll continued to fight unless I’m told differently."

It is looking like Michael Beale was the brains behind his success at Rangers.  

8 hours ago, pedro111 said:

4k max firestick. Like 144p YouTube at times.

It was the same for me on both the Firestick and an Nvidia Shield Pro (probably the best streaming box on the market). Started off good and then dropped to an unwatchable quality.

I tested via the PS5 and it was perfect, and tested it just through the Prime app on the TV which was also pefect. Very strange.

I watched Tuesdays and Thursdays games on an ancient iPad on a very old version of IOS and it ran absolutely perfectly.

Watched our game on Wednesday on relatively new Fire Smart TV with an ethernet connection and it buffered and lagged the whole way through.

So no idea.

League One offering from Sky tonight rather than a PL or Championship match like usual (especially the latter). Ipswich vs Derby at 8pm.

BT Sport showing Porto vs Benfica at 8.15pm and that will likely go a long way in deciding the title with Sporting currently 9 points off the pace after only 9 games.

22 minutes ago, Paullow said:

League One offering from Sky tonight rather than a PL or Championship match like usual (especially the latter). Ipswich vs Derby at 8pm.

BT Sport showing Porto vs Benfica at 8.15pm and that will likely go a long way in deciding the title with Sporting currently 9 points off the pace after only 9 games.

Nice shout man :thup:

Definitely going to catch that later on. 

Absolutely shocking use of VAR, did we find out whether they managed to get a monitor working for the Ref to review? Whoever was in the VAR control room should have a restraining order keeping them away from all football pitches and football activities 

0-0 at half time in the J League cup final. Live on YouTube for anyone wanting to watch (channel is J League International).

Got up at 5am for this as I saw Cerezo Osaka live when I visited in 2018, just happened to be playing a match the day we arrived and the stadium was right round the corner from the Airbnb we were in. Went to explore, turned a corner and the stadium was there. Have followed Cerezo since catching games when I can.

In terms of quality of the game it’s been pretty tight so far, both teams look a little nervous. Not quite managing to pull off a Howe-esque pressing game like :lol:

Genuinely having a hard time with VAR, as an American. 

I truly believe it has it’s place. I mean at the end of the day there are literally millions of dollars on the line so we can’t be having bogus calls. It’s life and death for clubs, especially in England.

But at the end of the day, the reason I reference being American, is that the way we do it here so much different. Our refs/officials/etc make the call on the field/court that they see and then, and only then, if there is irrefutable video evidence because of replays does it get overturned. 

VAR needs to operate more in that way - the call on the field stands until proved otherwise.