Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Chelsea has been awful. An absolute mismatch group of players with no intention or playing style what so ever. They seem to mindlessly buy random players and Potter has been cracking up already. It might take a long time for them to get out of this. I mean..Azpi is strarting as a winback for them?

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Going to be tough Saturday, Fulham are having some season. Only 4 points behind us.

Chelsea 10 behind us. Madness. 

Good thing it's on Sunday then. ;)

Was surprised that Sky picked it when they did tbh but it should be a decent game. Toughest league game of our next 4, which we should be aiming to win all of if we want to be in the top 4.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Just now, Danh1 said:

Going to be tough Saturday, Fulham are having some season. Only 4 points behind us.

They press very well and will be a match for us in terms of how fit they are but we rarely play against teams that come out and take us on. If we are clinical we’ll put them away quite comfortably I think 

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

They should be considerably more tired than we are. Have to go at them from the off like we did vs Leicester, and make them work hard all game.

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Good thing it's on Sunday then. ;)

Was surprised that Sky picked it when they did tbh but it should be a decent game. Toughest league game of our next 4, which we should be aiming to win all of if we want to be in the top 4.

Forgot it’s a shite 2 bells kick off.

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

They press very well and will be a match for us in terms of how fit they are but we rarely play against teams that come out and take us on. If we are clinical we’ll put them away quite comfortably I think 

We do go direct quite often and win territory high up the pitch. Either from a throw or winning the second ball off the counter press. Or a free kick, of course.

So no worries if they want to press high. I have the same opinion on Southampton, after what they did to City. I don’t think we are overly patient and are quite risk averse at the back when building in possession. 

Don’t get me wrong. Our system is great and sexy as fuck at times. But we have no issue with the old fashioned ‘TURN ‘EM ROUND’ approach and then building from there. 

It will be decent to watch a more open game. Think they’ll be like a more efficient Leicester, as opposed to Leeds second half, Palace, Bournemouth etc.