Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, bigfella said:

Beggars belief. Does ANYONE know the handball rule these days? Seems we see different decisions about the same things pretty much every game.

It's the rules that aren't fit for purpose. And possibly the referees eyesight.

This ' leading directly to a goal' is a joke. That was almost as direct as you can get.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Never a handball, his arms were by his side (hands in front) and he didnt make himself bigger. Fucking hate this clamber for handballs all the time, they're not deliberate. Stop stopping the game for nowt.

It's not Volleyball Branko ? 

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Never a handball, his arms were by his side (hands in front) and he didnt make himself bigger. Fucking hate this clamber for handballs all the time, they're not deliberate. Stop stopping the game for nowt.

Eh? I generally think far too many handballs are given but the problem with this one is that the ball can’t loop in that way if it hits his stomach which is where it’s going. Instead, it hits his arms and he also gestures them outwards which helps the ball to loop up

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

So what?  Should he just be allowed to carry it if he's not making himself bigger?

That goal only happened as a direct result of the handball. If that hits his gut then it would have dropped and probably been cleared, the handball kept the ball/move alive and they scored about 3.2 seconds later. Utter pigshit situation

Just now, Away Toon said:

They really have to do something about Var and the people implementing it. 

It hasnt fixed anything, there are still the same is is right/is it wrong discussions, but people get more pissed off when it's wrong, plus it slows down the game.  It needs chucking in the bin.

12 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Eh? I generally think far too many handballs are given but the problem with this one is that the ball can’t loop in that way if it hits his stomach which is where it’s going. Instead, it hits his arms and he also gestures them outwards which helps the ball to loop up

Let me watch the replay again. Saw the replay earlier and it very much looked like the ball dropped over the player in front of him, whilst he was making some kind of attempt to head it, and it dropped on to his hands in front of his mid drift, had his hands not been there hitting his stomach. The position his hands were in looked like it was because his arms were down and he was lerching forward so his hands were in front. Didnt appear like it was delibertae, un natural or giving a huge advantage to me, just pinball in the box and it hits someone's hand. I hate shitty handballs and stopping the game and disallowing goals for absolutely fucking nowt, all for the sake of consistency. Does my box in. May end up being wrong here, though, but lets see.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

“Right, we've been told that if that Thilo Kehrer handball had imediately led to the goal it would have been disallowed. But because his arm was deemed to be in a natural position and there were a few more touches before the goal, then it was fine.”