Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

5 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Haha I just assumed Madueke was some kid Lampard called up to prove a point to Mudryk, Ziyech et al, but no he cost £35m apparently :lol: Never even heard of him before this game. 

Weren’t we linked with him? Plenty of us wanted him signed, me included

13 minutes ago, midds said:

This is what happens when you try and throw money at fundamental problems.

The owner is an ignorant, interfering fuckwit

The squad doesn't give a single fuck about the club they're representing. They signed for the money.

The manager is incompetent. Palpably out of his depth with virtually zero skill, experience and unable to motivate his squad

It's fucking amazing how wrong they've got it. If you wanted to deliberately try and waste a billion quid in a year you'd pretty much have done what this gormless cunt has done with his cash. A billion quid bonfire wouldn't have been as entertaining though 

I look at wankers like Boehly and think 'how the fuck are they so rich?'

Just now, Unbelievable said:

Weren’t we linked with him? Plenty of us wanted him signed, me included

No idea, until a player gets a thread on here I don't bother with transfer rumours at all these days.

1 minute ago, St1pe said:

I still can’t decide how Potter is viewed after all of this. Is he to blame for destroying Tuchel’s work or are these players absolutely dire? 

Potters Brighton team played us off the Park earlier in the season and he's got a good record when backed, he'll have a better managerial career than Lampard

I would fucking love it if Mudryk just said 'fuck it, I'm on a 8 year contract on £250k a week (or whatever it is), I'm just gonna be sat on my arse for the rest of my career'. 

11 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Canny sexist that like pal :lol: Don't want to get into it or owt but Alex Scott and Emma Hayes are really good for a start. Pretty sure you can’t put a co-commentator's shitness down to their sex like. Agree that Carney's shite.

If they were good, I wouldn’t say anything but the quality is just not there. I remember one episode of The Debate and Geoff Shreves had to tell Alex Scott “you can’t just sit there, you have to contribute to discussion” because she didn’t know what was going on. That was five years ago, though and she’s better now. 

This is affirmative action. It’s not based on merit. It’s based on quota or something. 

Edited by Astroblack

Hiring Lampard might even be Chelsea’s worst decision this season, an impressive achievement.

And this little tenure has probably finished off Lampards career. Everton could have been blamed on the club, but making Chelsea worse takes real skill

1 hour ago, Alberto2005 said:

That Kiwior been fit all this time? Is there a reason Holding has been playing Infront of him is be even a CB?

Kiwior is a promising player but he doesn't have much experience playing top-tier football. Was playing in Slovakian league before moving to Spezia for 1.5 years prior to his move to Arsenal. Makes sense to give him some time to adjust to new league and a new team. Don't necessarily think Arsenal bought him to make an instant impact but more thought as one for the future, Juventus&Milan were heavily linked with him so that probably prompted Arsenal to move fast.

Edited by Ridman

2 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I would fucking love it if Mudryk just said 'fuck it, I'm on a 8 year contract on £250k a week (or whatever it is), I'm just gonna be sat on my arse for the rest of my career'. 

High probability that happens.

3 minutes ago, Nobody said:

‘The Winston Bogarde of the Carpathians’

Edited by TheBrownBottle

4 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

If they were good, I wouldn’t say anything but the quality is just not there. I remember one episode of The Debate and Geoff Shreves had to tell Alex Scott “you can’t just sit there, you have to contribute to discussion” because she didn’t know what was going on. That was five years ago, though and she’s better now. 

This is affirmative action. It’s not based on merit. It’s based on quota or something. 

The only position of difference for me is when a co-commentator or pundit is expected to talk about the pressure of the situation etc and how that feels - and there’s a massive difference between the pressure levels of playing in front of a packed, baying stadium with millions more watching on TV and playing in front of a couple of thousand where the game will have little to no throughput elsewhere.  Otherwise I don’t think there is any difference - Carney is full of shite, but then the vast majority of the male pundits are just as shite. 

Just now, midds said:

Wonder what odds you would have been given in August if you'd said Newcastle would have been 26 points ahead of Chelsea at the start of May? 

1/2 to be sectioned.