Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

10 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Hiring Lampard might even be Chelsea’s worst decision this season, an impressive achievement.

And this little tenure has probably finished off Lampards career. Everton could have been blamed on the club, but making Chelsea worse takes real skill

I've not been able to listen to the game, but it would be hilarious at 3-0 if Chelsea fans chanted "We want a fourth!" manager.

5 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

If they were good, I wouldn’t say anything but the quality is just not there. I remember one episode of The Debate and Geoff Shreves had to tell Alex Scott “you can’t just sit there, you have to contribute to discussion” because she didn’t know what was going on. That was five years ago, though and she’s better now. 

This is affirmative action. It’s not based on merit. It’s based on quota or something. 

They're professional footballers. No one gives a shit about any merit beyond that where men are concerned. You have to remember that women footballers are only at the start of being involved and they're doing it knowing fine well they'll be under the microscope, scrutinised, and that people will have opinions like yours. I can't imagine it's easy to immediately be as good as they would want to be in those circumstances.

Probably a better general rule to judge each person based on what they have to say rather than anything else like.