Newcastle United 4-0 Aston Villa (29/10/2022)

Yorkie

I know it’s got little relevance to our win etc, but I’m a little disappointed how the narrative seems to be with just the Villa medical team about leaving their keeper on. It took well over 5 minutes of medical intervention to assess if he should be allowed to play on or not. If it’s taking that long, the referee should take the decision out of their hands. They obviously aren’t getting an immediate clear view of his condition, so in those circumstances he has to go off. People forget that the referee has a duty of care to the players as well.

Edited by Stifler

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

I know it’s got little relevance to our win etc, but I’m a little disappointed how the narrative seems to be with just the Villa medical team about leaving their keeper on. It took well over 5 minutes of medical intervention to assess if he should be allowed to play on or not. If it’s taking that long, the referee should take the decision out of their hands. They obviously aren’t getting an immediate clear view of his condition, so in those circumstances he has to go off. People forget that the referee has a duty of are to the players as well.

Can the ref do that though? Has it ever been tested?

10 minutes ago, 80 said:

That corner routine is the sexiest I can remember seeing in a long time.

@madrasI think I called it right ;)

This and the Bruno goal show they are working on different methods. Great tool in the box as teams will be expecting balls straight in the middle with the height we have.

32 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Happens weekly in the rugby

But in the rugby they have the set HIA protocol so it’s far easier to make a decision - they leave the field to be properly assessed for 10 mins - decision is out of the refs hand 

Just caught up on the extended highlights having (devastatingly) been unable to watch, but will have to seek out the full. game so I can watch that second half. Sounds reminiscent off the Keegan days.

Scary how good we are atm. The best team since 2001/02?

just seen the extended highlights on .co.uk and Wood's chance wasnt as easy as it looked.

remember maxi missing an easier one at home to manu last season.

Edited by huss9

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

just seen the extended highlights on .co.uk and Wood's chance wasnt as easy as it looked.

My lasting impression of those highlights is that that was yet another effort that only makes for incredibly painful viewing. :lol: What an unbelievable goal that would've been. 

Also shout out for Matthew Raisbeck. He does a tremendous job; so animated and nails the emotion. The commentary for Miggy's strike was brilliant and hilarious. 

What was Tite doing seated in the stands?[emoji38] Whilst Southgate gets to hobnob with the owners. I hope he really got a good view of Joelinton's quality and picks him for Brazil, man, imagine that redemption arc!

58 minutes ago, Emotic said:

What was Tite doing seated in the stands?[emoji38] Whilst Southgate gets to hobnob with the owners. I hope he really got a good view of Joelinton's quality and picks him for Brazil, man, imagine that redemption arc!

Maybe it was Bruno who sorted the tickets or Southgate was arranged first. I'm sure he enjoyed it in the stands more being in with the crowd. 

4 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Just caught up on the extended highlights having (devastatingly) been unable to watch, but will have to seek out the full. game so I can watch that second half. Sounds reminiscent off the Keegan days.

We played some really good stuff when we qualified for Europe under Pardew, which was never built on, this time it will be different. So yes apart from that one season ….definitely the best since around the years you mentioned ….and I’m 

loving every minute of it. 

5 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Just seen Coutinho came on at 60mins :lol: Completely forgot about him and didn't notice he'd come on. Thinking back to Jan when we 'missed out' on him.

He was a pure vanity purchase that was done for no reason but to show what a big pull Gerrard was. 

6 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Just seen Coutinho came on at 60mins :lol: Completely forgot about him and didn't notice he'd come on. Thinking back to Jan when we 'missed out' on him.

Really? Don’t think i saw him once 😂

6 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I noticed him once when he gave the ball away.

2 minutes ago, Field said:

I noticed him once when he gave the ball away.

I know he was linked with us (don't know how serious it was) and I thought it was a great signing for Villa, but in hindsight he was the exact type of player we needed to keep away from (we did thankfully). Apart from about 2 games he's been terrible (the warning signs were at Barcelona). Great player in his time no doubt about that. Buendia and Bailey have not really lived up to expectations either. Maybe Emre will get them playing, though they don't seem to be his press type players he's renowned for. 

6 hours ago, Yorkie said:

You’d have to say so. We’re rock solid at the back, powerful in midfield and have the potential to be even better in attack with combinations using Wilson/ASM/Isak/Miggy. With some key acquisitions in Jan we’ll get even better too.