Still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

My local club Airdrie went out of business in the early 2000s it absolutely crushed my dad. They came back and are thriving. Feel for the Bordeaux fans and hope their club can bounce back 

Edited by gdm

10 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Thats Zidanes old club isnt it?

Er....Bordeaux i mean, not Airdrie.

It is yeah. And let’s not forget the legend that is Gouffran :lol: similar shirt to Airdrie too image.thumb.png.4cd3cb6e95e3140f56e65d5f74cc1ed5.png

Edited by gdm

Having skim read the article in question, it's because they've had to accept relegation to the third tier of French football that they've had to give up their professional licence by default.

Hopefully in the years to come they can recover and get back to Ligue 1 where they belong.

46 minutes ago, Sifu said:

Having skim read the article in question, it's because they've had to accept relegation to the third tier of French football that they've had to give up their professional licence by default.

Hopefully in the years to come they can recover and get back to Ligue 1 where they belong.

I think that's how the system works in the French pyramid that only top 2 tiers can be pro.

It's been dire for many years now, they escaped relegation to the third tier at the last second a couple of years ago. Had an appeal hearing logged for tomorrow but because every buyout lead has fallen through, they just pulled out of appealing and risking relegation for 4th tier and accepted this fate.

Not sure what's going to happen with the stadium. New one was built for Euro 2016.

8 minutes ago, M4 said:

I think that's how the system works in the French pyramid that only top 2 tiers can be pro.

It's been dire for many years now, they escaped relegation to the third tier at the last second a couple of years ago. Had an appeal hearing logged for tomorrow but because every buyout lead has fallen through, they just pulled out of appealing and risking relegation for 4th tier and accepted this fate.

Not sure what's going to happen with the stadium. New one was built for Euro 2016.

Having read the article more closely, yeah, Bordeaux have just accepted their fate of full on relegation to the third tier from the sounds of it so preemptively announced its intention to give up their professional status.

It's a travesty what's happened to them over the years.

Edited by Sifu

1 hour ago, Sifu said:

Same thing would've happened to Schalke if they would've been relegated to third tier which was a real possibility at one point this season. Too much debt to get the license for the third tier and they would've been forced to start from the bottom of the pyramid. Think both clubs are historically pretty equal to NUFC in size, so sad.

Edited by Pata

16 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Sad thing to happen to the club responsible for gracing us with Gabriel Obertan, Yoan Gouffran and Henri Saivet.

Well when you put it like that… fuck em they wouldn’t cry over us