Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

6 minutes ago, Ken Boon said:

Couldn't give two fucks whether Shearer, Wright, Micah Richards or whoever pulls out of MOTD cos I never watch it, I watch the Premier League goals on You Tube instead, so there. ?

But what do you think of Lineker being sacked off? 

Regards Lineker, ultimately once the story / pundits become bigger than the show then decisions are made and taken, Lineker always been a nob and deserves everything he gets, as for Shearer and the rest of the self rightous little twats they can FRO as well , sick of them getting paid large sums for what? presenting a TV programme , none of them are god's , bout time Lineker got f*ckef off, he'll be okay though, can carry on with his La Liga show on Spanish telly !

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

But what do you think of Lineker being sacked off? 

He's entitled to free speech and his own opinion but apparantly what he said contravenes BBC impartiality rules written into his contract. I don't care what he says, whatever side of the fence he is on, it's all a storm in a teacup to me.

Defund the BBC ?

7 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Regards Lineker, ultimately once the story / pundits become bigger than the show then decisions are made and taken, Lineker always been a nob and deserves everything he gets, as for Shearer and the rest of the self rightous little twats they can FRO as well , sick of them getting paid large sums for what? presenting a TV programme , none of them are god's , bout time Lineker got f*ckef off, he'll be okay though, can carry on with his La Liga show on Spanish telly !

What's up with Lineker? Seems like a sound enough bloke.

I'd be extremely surprised if it was in Lineker's contract, but not the likes of Alan Sugar and Emily Maithis's, who have regularly been aggressively politically impartial while working for the BBC.

Anyone, ANYONE, left or right thinking this is fine because they don't like Lineker is a fool. You, your views, and the people you do like are next on the menu.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'd be extremely surprised if it was in Lineker's contract, but not the likes of Alan Sugar and Emily Maithis's, who have regularly been impartial while working for the BBC.

I remember one year they wouldn't screen The Apprentice during election season because Sugar was affiliated with Labour in some sort of Business Enterprise advisory capacity, ended up delaying it almost a year til it was all said and done.

1 hour ago, La Parka said:

Jenas and Murphy will be all owa this

No chance Murphy IMO with his background. Less sure about JJ but I’d imagine he’s clever enough to refuse also wether he agrees or not.

EDIT: Just seen this…

Edited by LFEE

21 minutes ago, Ken Boon said:

He's entitled to free speech and his own opinion but apparantly what he said contravenes BBC impartiality rules written into his contract. I don't care what he says, whatever side of the fence he is on, it's all a storm in a teacup to me.

Defund the BBC ?

I mean its been made clear he has no such terms in his contract, hence why they've pulled him until they can add them in. Again nothing he said was factually incorrect, and we don't see the same rules applied for other BBC talent. Defunding the BBC is exactly what the govt want, it needs to stay and be independent from the the govt. its presenters should be free to say what they want in public, as long as they are impartial in their reporting and moderating. As for sports presenters, who cares if one if a commie and the other a right wing loon, as long as they're only talking about football, rugby etc on the show it doesn't matter. 

Whether there's impartiality in his contract or not, it should surely be implied as an employee of BBC. While I agree it seems this has been more harshly treated than non-tory bashing, it's potentially just the straw that broke the camel's back with regards to Lineker's behaviour over the years and being used as a tory-bashing stick (while that is admittedly an agreeable usage). The obsession with completely destroying the only major impartial news source is another example of the determination of the hard left to eat itself.

If you honestly think that the BBC is impartial or that it's the 'hard left' that want it to be destroyed, I'm not sure what kind of upside-down la la land you're living in tbh. :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus