Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

16 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

Should just be able to get a TV season ticket for your team and so every prem game tbh.

Plenty of people already do this. About £60 a season and watch every game on 4K HD with English commentary. 

13 hours ago, mouldy_uk said:

Looking forward to my Sky subscription price increase already

:fuuu:

Possibly a minority, but I'd rather everything was in one place.

Currently I have £29.99 discovery+ to watch our Champions League games plus the odd prem game. Then there's some on Amazon Prime, some on Sky, then Viaplay for Scottish and some International stuff - it's worse than ever IMO.

If Sky is £34.99 and that covers most of it, then I will pay it. I do miss Champions League on terrestrial though as it seems there'll always be at least 2 paid subscriptions to cover what you want to watch. BT Sport (which I think is TNT?) have the rights for a while.

Overall though, it is shite for the consumer at the moment. Streaming is eating itself across the board.

Too many streaming services needed, in Australia we get all premier league and a few other leagues on Optus Sport for $10 a month* then need Stan sport for champions league which is $25 a month, carabao cup is on bein sports, fa cup is on paramount plus. 

With the quantity of streaming services around these days, it's no surprise that people are choosing to sale the high seas again, as the benefit that originally came with them has now disappeared

Trust the Premier League to stick with Sky, and TNT when you have the likes of Apple, and Amazon etc all wanting the rights.

So far fucking behind man.

Next week, an article about the Premier League not being happy with the ever increasing rise of IPTV streams.

14 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Trust the Premier League to stick with Sky, and TNT when you have the likes of Apple, and Amazon etc all wanting the rights.

Next week, an article about the Premier League not being happy with the ever increasing rise of IPTV streams.

Eh?  Sky and TNT offer streaming options as well.

It's much worse if there were 4 subscriptions you needed to watch all the games.  

40 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Eh?  Sky and TNT offer streaming options as well.

It's much worse if there were 4 subscriptions you needed to watch all the games.  

This.

Ideally just one broadcaster but I dare say there will always be two for competitiveness.

36 minutes ago, LFEE said:

This.

Ideally just one broadcaster but I dare say there will always be two for competitiveness.

Sky used to have all the packages but it was the CMA I think that said they need to have at least 2 broadcasters for competition reasons

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

The Premier League went with the highest bid and with the established partner, Sky have been involved since the inception, why would they push to go towards Apple/Amazon?

Only reason would be if those streaming companies outbid Sky/BT

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Dunno how anybody pays for all these subscriptions, like. Get a fire stick or go to the boozer if you want to watch the match surely.

One of the best things I've done is to stop consuming so much content, we aren't built for it.

6 hours ago, Stifler said:

They didn’t bid. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67640671

Manchester United winger Antony has criticised former players of the club for not offering constructive comments or asking if he is OK.

United paid an initial £82m to Ajax for Antony in September 2022 but he has failed to find top form since then.

The Brazilian is also the subject of a police investigation into a series of allegations of domestic abuse.

Former United captain Gary Neville has criticised Antony during Sky Sports broadcasts.

Neville called the 23-year-old "embarrassing" for petulantly lashing out at Manchester City's Jeremy Doku in the latter stages of October's Manchester derby defeat at Old Trafford.

In a written interview with YouTube channel The United Stand, Antony said he feels the criticism he has received from the club's former players is unfair.

"Today, I see criticism coming from former club players and other people in the media, who unreasonably express their opinions and influence thousands of fans, sometimes even when I do not play," he said.

"But I've never seen them give constructive criticism, which will help me be a better professional.

"None of them have ever sent me a message to see how I am feeling, especially during this period of turbulence that I am going through.

"The 'digital court' is ruining lives; contexts are left aside, and the truth no longer matters."

:pokerface: