Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

48 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Ancelotti, James Rodriguez, Allan, Digne, Richarlison & Gordon to Dyche, Mykolenko, Gueye, Garner, Ashley Young and Beto.

I wonder where they went wrong :mike:

We’re linked with Garner this morning. Uninspired.

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I'm more than happy to see Liverpool go for the 'unproven but connected to the club' route. Clearly he's doing a remarkable job at Leverkusen this season but the Liverpool job is an entirely different kettle of fish. It could be a stroke of genius but it all seems a bit too good to be true in my largely uneducated opinion. 

Funny the chat of Ancelotti. Crackers how Everton had him at one point. 

Alonso is building a resume as proven as can be expected from a manager on the up. Unproven but connected to the club is Ole, Shearer, Woodgate etc. Xabi Alonso's trajectory is Real Madrid, Liverpool and Bayern. Even if he wasn't connected to all 3 clubs, based on his resume and playing career - he would be in the running. I wouldn't consider it a stroke of genius - he's the obvious candidate.

Also think DeZerbi's doing a better job than perhaps he's being given credit for. Sold 2 of his best players, same position in the league, still in Europe. 

35 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Alonso is building a resume as proven as can be expected from a manager on the up. Unproven but connected to the club is Ole, Shearer, Woodgate etc. Xabi Alonso's trajectory is Real Madrid, Liverpool and Bayern. Even if he wasn't connected to all 3 clubs, based on his resume and playing career - he would be in the running. I wouldn't consider it a stroke of genius - he's the obvious candidate.

Also think DeZerbi's doing a better job than perhaps he's being given credit for. Sold 2 of his best players, same position in the league, still in Europe. 

Aye, think De Zerbi's doing a great job and isn't a flavor of the month manager. Top of the Europa group they were expected to get eliminated from, play the best football in the league with a players you've never heard of coming in every week. Barely seen Ferguson featured this season or that Paraguayan lad who was doing really well last season. 

Do have a feeling he's going to go to Juve or Inter and hopefully make the Seria A prominent again. 

He's doing well considering the replacements they bought for MacAllister and Caicedo have been very poor. Baleba looks well off the pace as expected at such a young age, Dahoud has been pretty poor.

Not totally sure where to put this but I have some friends heading over in a few weeks and the only match they can get to is Fulham Liverpool at Craven Cottage and they’re having issues on how to find tickets (apparently Fulham’s website is quite confusing?). I told them I’d ask around y’all and see what’s the best way to go about getting tickets as a neutral to a match like that? Is a membership with Fulham the best way to go?

6 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Not totally sure where to put this but I have some friends heading over in a few weeks and the only match they can get to is Fulham Liverpool at Craven Cottage and they’re having issues on how to find tickets (apparently Fulham’s website is quite confusing?). I told them I’d ask around y’all and see what’s the best way to go about getting tickets as a neutral to a match like that? Is a membership with Fulham the best way to go?

Tell them to wait for the moment. TV schedule for April hasn’t been announced yet, and with Liverpool in with a shout of the title, I’d be almost certain that game gets moved in some description.

On top of that it’s also FA Cup semi-final weekend, so there’s probably a fair chance Liverpool are in that, so the Fulham game would be rescheduled completely.

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

Tell them to wait for the moment. TV schedule for April hasn’t been announced yet, and with Liverpool in with a shout of the title, I’d be almost certain that game gets moved in some description.

On top of that it’s also FA Cup semi-final weekend, so there’s probably a fair chance Liverpool are in that, so the Fulham game would be rescheduled completely.

Didn’t even think of that. Thanks for the heads up!

Won’t be on sale yet. Tickets will be extortionate as well as they start high and you’ll have Liverpool fans wanting them if they’re in the title race. 

Nowhere near the same quality of players but QPR are at home that weekend pretty close to Fulham if they just want football. 

8 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Today's Popbitch. Just seems like recycled rumours about us started by that mackem behind the fake Trippier photo and the Leicester helicopter gestures. 

IMG-20240222-WA0038.jpg

Just seen that, they can be pretty accurate though.

6 hours ago, Disco said:

Won’t be on sale yet. Tickets will be extortionate as well as they start high and you’ll have Liverpool fans wanting them if they’re in the title race. 

Nowhere near the same quality of players but QPR are at home that weekend pretty close to Fulham if they just want football. 

Was just going to suggest this - QPR not a horrendous day out. There'll be some intrigue with them in a relegation scrap too.

11 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Wor Flags need to get a Sir Rat one with “Pay Up Motherfucker” printed on it. 

Did i imagine one years ago(Dortmund maybe) with Splinter on it?

Arsenal, Liverpool, and Man United doing a "Rivals in Red" US preseason tour and I just gagged:

"Arsenal, Liverpool F.C. and Manchester United are the three most successful clubs in English soccer history, boasting over 180 trophies between them. The Rivals in Red Series will be the first time these three clubs have competed together in the U.S."

3 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Arsenal, Liverpool, and Man United doing a "Rivals in Red" US preseason tour and I just gagged:

"Arsenal, Liverpool F.C. and Manchester United are the three most successful clubs in English soccer history, boasting over 180 trophies between them. The Rivals in Red Series will be the first time these three clubs have competed together in the U.S."

Fuck US 'soccer', man. It's a fucking insult.