Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Game starts with ok weather, followed by thunder and lightning and the players taken off and ends with 6 inches of snow on the pitch.

Lloris concedes 3. Love it [emoji38]

4 hours ago, wormy said:

:lol: She said it so deadpan it took me a second to even clock the joke. 

Nope she definitely knew

Edited by Django
Wrong

4 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

and why is Ivan Toney presenting the Brit awards? :lol:

My first assumption was his people reached out to continue the PR redemption tour while he pushes for his big summer move tbh. I assume there's enough awards that there's numerous people that don't make sense presenting one. :lol:

Nice to have it patronisingly explained to us by a kids TV presenter.

Will of course tune in and see how it pans out but the overriding feeling is that it'll be absolutely chod as a format.

Hadn't realised it's being applied to the Europas. 

I think it's interesting; the negatives of it aren't immediately obvious to me (aside from the motivation behind it).

Guest reefatoon
On 03/03/2024 at 10:32, Ben said:

Geed up

We need @Stifler to do this and let the squad know about his dream before our next cup game.

15 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Hadn't realised it's being applied to the Europas. 

I think it's interesting; the negatives of it aren't immediately obvious to me (aside from the motivation behind it).

Going to be an absolute insane amount of non event games. They think they've been clever by getting Bayern Munich playing Real Madrid in the 'group stages', but that game probably wont matter one bit as both those teams will have already qualified anyway.

Can’t be fucked with that like. Champions League is faultless and has been for years. Europa league and Europa Conference are fine as they are. Of course they don’t get the same buzz as CL but that’s natural. They’ve created a system here where you’re going to get way more one-sided games but large viewing figures still because the “big” teams are involved. I want to watch close contests

Hmm.. Does this favour the big teams or not? In one way, atleast the seeding will make sure that the 3rd and 4th seeded teams aren't mainly facing the big teams in the group stages. On the other hand, only the top point earners overall progress directly, so you can't get it over the line because some big team underperform (Like Copenhagen going through because Man United underperform). I'd say this gives the smaller teams less of a chance, even though it may look like it makes things more even by also facing teams of your own seeding.

Edited by Erikse

3 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Hmm.. Does this favour the big teams or not? In one way, atleast the seeding will make sure that the 3rd and 4th seeded teams aren't mainly facing the big teams in the group stages. On the other hand, only the top point earners overall progress directly, so you can't get it over the line because some big team underperform (Like Copenhagen going through because Man United underperform). I'd say this gives the smaller teams less of a chance, even though it may look like it makes things more even by also facing teams of your own seeding.

We'd have probably had more chance in this format of making the Play-Off stage at least. 

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We'd have probably had more chance in this format of making the Play-Off stage at least. 

I agree! I think it works against teams like Copenhagen, but for us it would probably be good, since we're not as much of an underdog as teams like that, but we're still 4th seeded.

Edit: I guess it makes it a bit more difficult for the top teams aswell, after all less teams go directly though and they are competing against all the top teams for the spots instead of just a couple of bad ones and a good one. I have no clue who this really favours. Maybe underperforming top sides, who will usually get another chance in the playoffs and possibly face a weaker side over 2?

Edited by Erikse

Just watched Marc White's (Dorking's manager, owner, chairman) interview after Dorking beat Chesterfield. Told the fans who doubt them to just Fuck off, and loved his players showing the big bollocks to play how they did :lol:

Like him or not, i'd love it if he got them into the Football League..