Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

40 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Has the quality of scouting, the length of time spent reviewing a player and the amount of data out there dramatically reduced howler signings? There are fewer flops nowadays right?

I'd say yes but also big money has less value and isn't seen as such a risk but there's still loads. Scamacca, most of Forest's, Mudryk, Hazard, Sancho in recent times are just a tiny amount.

17 minutes ago, Disco said:

I'd say yes but also big money has less value and isn't seen as such a risk but there's still loads. Scamacca, most of Forest's, Mudryk, Hazard, Sancho in recent times are just a tiny amount.

Interested to see how Muddy gets on this season, think Sancho’s done at Man U unless something miraculous happens. Scamacca was shite, so glad we didn’t get involved there. Out of all the huge money transfers that have gone on so far in this window I’m absolutely desperate for some of them to tank, Caicedo probably being top of the list for me 

18 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I just can't stand Peter Drury. He's been avoidable for a while so I'm gutted that he's back. 

Assume he's the long term replacement for Tyler? (Is he still going this season? Can't remember)

He's areet man. Talks shite quite a bit but the enthusiasm is very real. Compare him to Matterface, who has that same propensity to conspicuously droan on in overly colourful language, you get the impression he's tugging away at himself under the desk. It's not like that with Drury imo; he's just a bit eccentric. 

19 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Assume he's the long term replacement for Tyler? (Is he still going this season? Can't remember)

He's areet man. Talks shite quite a bit but the enthusiasm is very real. Compare him to Matterface, who has that same propensity to conspicuously droan on in overly colourful language, you get the impression he's tugging away at himself under the desk. It's not like that with Drury imo; he's just a bit eccentric. 

No, he's not areet. :lol: Contrived, patronising, pretentious word salad. About as deep as a puddle and delivered with all natural flow and authenticity of a marketing wanker. He's fucking awful, the worst of the lot by a mile.

I cannot stand it when people cannot just answer simple questions without trying to sound profound. Filling the airtime with pretentious nonsense they've just made upon the spot.

Trying to get into the mind of a supporter who's paid 40-50 quid for a ticket man, what the fuck is he talking about? [emoji38]

He's at his absolute worst whenever there's a match with an underdog. He talks about them like they're Tiny Tim, even if they're a big club in their own right and the stakes aren't huge.

The one that always sticks in my mind is him saying "You look them in the eye and tell them they can't dream" as if they were a stage 4 cancer patient insisting they were going to fight it. It was a 3rd round FA Cup tie and he was talking about Leeds who were playing at home to Man United.

Do children aged 6-12 count results and have referees during their matches in England? Here 14-15 year olds get £15-ish/match to referee. We are not allowed to count results in Sweden until they turn 13 and start playing 11v11, and now someone came up with a proposal to remove the referees and let the players handle it themselves, as it works so well in England.

On 11/08/2023 at 20:57, 54 said:

Footballs thing about player fines is kinda mad. I heard Nedem Onuoha talking about having wild culture shock transitioning to punditry and realising no-one have a shit about if someone was 1 minute late 

37 minutes ago, 54 said:

Not content with hounding out AG, they’ve started the season as they mean to go. Here’s hoping Bramley Dock is hosting the Scouse mackems v Rotherham in next season’s opener.