Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Fucking stupid.

There was never any problem until the likes of Klopp, Ten Hag, and Arteta starting harping on about it.

You look at one of the games most often complained about, us against Arsenal at the Emirates. It was the Arsenal players going to ground under every fluky instead of passing the ball and moving it.

If they did that, they would have beat us comfortably.

They just wanted to put pressure on referees to give their clubs more stoppage time if they are not winning. It worked like a charm, it was essentially a vocal version of Fergie pointing to his watch all the time.

It’s just another example of the big clubs complaining so much, that they get the rules changed on their behalf. The season before last it was all about the 5 substitutes, and how players are playing too much. They got that, now all of a sudden it’s not a problem because playing until the 112th minute is ok.

Next season it will be something else.

It won’t even stop time wasting. Clubs who do it will find new ways. We’ll likely go back to Pulis’ Stoke-esk ways of passing sideways, and keeping the ball in the corner flag.

But it’s value for money, because you can watch that for 112 minutes.

The thing is though, the referees have always had the power to stop the time wasting though. A yellow card, then a red card when it happens again. Again we go back to them not having the balls to actually do that. It’s the same with the rules on the dugout. Send the managers off. Yet again we are being scapegoated because Tindell is the most vocal of our coaching staff. So everyone is looking at him, instead of Arteta running half way to the corner flag, Klopp running to the penalty box etc.

Red card them when they step out of line, yellow card them as soon as they cross the lines outside of the technical area, and don’t be afraid to give the 2nd yellow.

This stoppage time thing, you can just guarantee that within the first few weeks of the season, the first suspicions will arise that referees are doing it to give the 'glamour' sides as much 'Fergie time' as they need to get a result.

1 minute ago, brummie said:

This stoppage time thing, you can just guarantee that within the first few weeks of the season, the first suspicions will arise that referees are doing it to give the 'glamour' sides as much 'Fergie time' as they need to get a result.

This is the entire reason I back a stop-clock.  We need to limit the influence referees have on the game as much as possible.

If they want people to stop claiming conspiracy then they're going completely the wrong way about it.

It's not even going to stop what it sets out to achieve and, once again, actually helps bigger teams with deeper squads . The 'timewasting' in the additional 10 minutes of added time will probably get even worse, in all honesty - it's a pretty natural reaction when you're tired to find any way to have a breather.

In any case, I'm probably going to love it when Joelinton again goes down with cramp in the 103rd minute while we're 2-1 up at Anfield.

Whole thing is a red herring, football has always had dead time and I don’t see why it needs to be removed. 

If we want the game time to be exact like basketball, stop the clock. Having the amount of time unknown is the worst of both worlds. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

9 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Always puzzles me how the 2nd half stoppage is always double the 1st half. 

Just stop the clock when the ball goes out and players are down. 

Was there not couple of games last season where the added on time, added onto added on time was more than the original added on time. If you get me drift 😜

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Whole thing is a red herring, football has always had dead time and I don’t see why it needs to be removed. 

If we want the game time to be exact like basketball, stop the clock. Having the amount of time unknown is the worst of both worlds. 

Otherwise known as "The Ashley years" 

During the Blackburn - WBA game on Saturday, in one of the halves (think it was the second), there was 8 minutes stoppage time announced, but a player went down for about 1 minute and 20 seconds, but then barely any extra was added on after that. Just made an absolute mockery of making it 8 minutes to begin with if  nothing is added on during stoppage time.

Howe also believes it has taken the best part of two years for Newcastle to move away from Steve Bruce's squad and get the players into the right mentality to play a different, arguably more attractive system.

My dear sweet Lee. :lol: I want to meet the people out there like "Yeah Eddie's got the team set up well but there was a real rustic charm to the tactical equivalent of clinical depression we had under Bruce".

Edited by thomas