Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

The nufc blog is shutting down. Dr. Ed Harrison has stage 4 cancer so unable to keep the site going.

Very sad to hear this. Seems like the site has been around forever and definitely a part of my in and off season info gathering over the years.

He must be given his dues.. it’s some effort to have kept that going (just as it is here too). Hope he gets to enjoy the club with the time he has left.

To those running this site too, you’re appreciated massively. You’ve basically given something that I’ve spent as much time on as Facebook during my adult life.

6 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

The nufc blog is shutting down. Dr. Ed Harrison has stage 4 cancer so unable to keep the site going.

Very sad to hear this. Seems like the site has been around forever and definitely a part of my in and off season info gathering over the years.

He must be given his dues.. it’s some effort to have kept that going (just as it is here too). Hope he gets to enjoy the club with the time he has left.

To those running this site too, you’re appreciated massively. You’ve basically given something that I’ve spent as much time on as Facebook during my adult life.

I'd never came across this site but very sad.

https://www.nufcblog.com/2023/10/02/the-newcastle-united-blog-is-closing-down/

46 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Looks like Southend United will be saved, and finally rid of Ron Martin, still getting 6000 crowds in the National League is some feat.

Really pleased by this news today. Wish I could go down and see them more often these days

Just now, toon25 said:

Really pleased by this news today. Wish I could go down and see them more often these days

I've been a quite a lot over the last two years (all for free), but despite being born and bred here i just don't support them. Never seems right like.

In more David Borley (the best footballer I've ever seen in my life - went to school with Colback, Stuart Nicholson, Mark Rasmussen and half of the England team year above) news

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/killingworth-football-coach-jailed-19-27827503?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

1 hour ago, toon25 said:

This Beckham documentary :anguish:

Another opportunity for him to wheel out the family and get himself a knighthood.

Wish he'd just fuck off 

Zero chance i could ever watch that mind, wondered why hes been even worse whoring himself out for PR the last few weeks

12 minutes ago, joeyt said:

If UK and Ireland get Euro 2028 do all host nations automatically qualify?

Heard the other day it was max 2 slots. I think the idea atm is to have all 5 nations go into qualification, then somehow dish out the 2 slots depending on who hasn't qualified. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Can you paste the article please?

It started getting good then it asked me to login.

I think I learnt this off a kind soul on here so hopefully okay to post this but copy and pasting the article address in to archive.ph is your friend.

I thought the latest episode of Welcome to Wrexham was great, the poor bloke that runs the club had his first holiday in years and everyone promised not to disturb him.........it didn't go well.