Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Came across an interesting fact.

Of the 352 players in their national squads for the 1966 World Cup, how many were playing for clubs outside their country? Scroll down for the answer.

8. A sign of the times.

Of the 8, 7 were playing in Italy, 1 in Spain. All were from European countries. All the 110 South and Central American players were playing for clubs within their countries.

Obviously I'm aware of the changes that have taken place, but those figures surprised me.

Edited by Cronky

2 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Sweet. Don’t think UK TV show it though do they?

Only Bein i can see.

On another subject, how many posts do you need to do to see the chat section? Main reason i signed up was being a long time lurker and enjoyed reading it at work when bored then it went to the shame dungeon and still cant see it now

5 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Only Bein i can see.

On another subject, how many posts do you need to do to see the chat section? Main reason i signed up was being a long time lurker and enjoyed reading it at work when bored then it went to the shame dungeon and still cant see it now

Do you not just need to drop this down?

image.thumb.png.185b21d820a638d3a599f958cf333e3d.png

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Do you not just need to drop this down?

image.thumb.png.185b21d820a638d3a599f958cf333e3d.png

Mine is stuck on this forum, cant even get to that page

Edit: Remember someone else having this problem a few weeks ago, thinkan admin  needs to change it or something

Edited by Fezzle

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Mine is stuck on this forum, cant even get to that page

Edit: Remember someone else having this problem a few weeks ago, thinkan admin  needs to change it or something

No idea bud, worked straight away from me. Be one for the admins to sort out which I aint pal. I'll tag @Rich to sort it out 'cos he gets the job done. He pulled a rabbit out the hat to get my username to fit all in one line it was amazing what he did for me.

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

No idea bud, worked straight away from me. Be one for the admins to sort out which I aint pal. I'll tag @Rich to sort it out 'cos he gets the job done. He pulled a rabbit out the hat to get my username to fit all in one line it was amazing what he did for me.

Cheers, looks like you signed up well before the chat section went private. Was only a few months ago i think i came for a read and realised it was hidden to guests

On 04/10/2023 at 15:49, joeyt said:

Sounds like absolute chaos

Are those three nations getting a pass into the World Cup on the basis they played in the first one? Chile, Bolivia and Peru also played in the 1930 one, why dont they automatically qualify? Sounds ridiculous. 

7 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Cheers, looks like you signed up well before the chat section went private. Was only a few months ago i think i came for a read and realised it was hidden to guests

You should be able to see it by now. If you click the Newcastle Online banner at the top, what does it take you to?

18 hours ago, hakka said:

Wasn't there a thread on here dedicated to photoshoping things from recent matches? Would be fun to kick that off again. Who used to set them up each week?

Reveal hidden contents

Can't be assed to find it myself :lol:

Sorry to bump this, but just can't find the thread in the football section. Can anyone remember who ran it or what it's title was called? Tried searching for various things and just can't find it.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, hakka said:

Sorry to bump this, but just can't find the thread in the football section. Can anyone remember who ran it or what it's title was called? Tried searching for various things and just can't find it.

Thanks.

Not photoshopping per say, but it's not the paint thread is it?