Newcastle United 0-0 Crystal Palace (Newcastle win 3-2 on pels) - 09/11/22

Disco

Just now, PlymouthGeordie said:

Won't get a better opportunity to go far in this competition.

Good that some of the fringe players got some minutes. Hopefully the big hitters that came on are still fresh for Saturday.

They should be they only played about half and hour and Wilson will be fresh.

3 minutes ago, Sima said:

They’ll have all of their players away though after the WC?

Wow didn't realise the next round starts two days after the WC Final. Could make some fixtures interesting.

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It will be a mystery until my dying day why professional footballers try to act like smart arses for penalties.  That and over-long run-ups.

Two or three strides then plant the fucker

Can you not be happy about anything tonight?

Just now, Andy84 said:

Only team I’d really want to avoid are city but I’d take them at home, whoever wins this will have to beat them before Wembley 

Same - they could rest every player that went to the World Cup, play their “reserves” and still be world class.

3 minutes ago, Sima said:

Chelsea rested a load tonight.

Similar amount to us, when you look at who both teams started with and also brought on after an hour or so. 

Their game was wide open tonight, proper end to end stuff and they looked piss poor against Arsenal. But I still think it’ll be a bigger test than Man U and Spurs. 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Similar amount to us, when you look at who both teams started with and also brought on after an hour or so. 

Their game was wide open tonight, proper end to end stuff and they looked piss poor against Arsenal. But I still think it’ll be a bigger test than Man U and Spurs. 

We’ll step up :indi:

Can't be arsed doing match ratings but Targett, Manquillo & (particularly) Maxi were bloody dreadful with the ball tonight. Anderson a non-event too although we didn't play down the right too much.

Most of the others put a canny shift in, it just lacked quality and you could see a lot of them were rusty. Tripps and Bruno really lifted it when they were introduced and what a hero Pope is for getting us through the tie. 

A year or two ago we lose that tie 0-1, absolutely nailed on. It's pleasing that if we aren't firing going forwards we look absolutely comfortable as fuck at the back even with the changes we made.