Newcastle United 0-0 Crystal Palace (Newcastle win 3-2 on pels) - 09/11/22

Disco

Just now, cubaricho said:

Agreed. When I see the panel for the CL that has Carragher and Micah Richards it makes me very very happy to have ours be the two Robbies and Tim Howard.

Going to undermine my own argument now but I think Carragher is informative. Richards I don't mind but don't think he offers me any analysis or understanding of the match that I wouldn't have garnered using my own eyes and brain. 

My broader point with US sports is their TV analysis of what's happening live and immediately afterwards is lightyears ahead of ours. I hate him because I like the Eagles but Romo is incredible at explaining the plays that you've just watched in NFL matches, he really brings it to life for the non-obsessed viewer (which is the job of the co-commentator in my view). 

It's the same in baseball - I have mlb.tv and watch local Phillies stream so have Tom McCarthy and John Kruk - Kruk explains what a pitcher is going to throw and why, and it helps me understand pitching tactics etc, it really brings an extra dimension to the game and makes me understand it more. Compare it to "unbelievable" and "kwalitee" etc, just such little in game and post-match analysis of any intellectual value. Neville decent.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Schar for Lascelles in last few minutes if it's heading to pels?

Definitely Schar on, I’d imagine Lascelles might be alright on Pels but that’s based on absolutely nothing other than him having a good attitude 

Just now, Theregulars said:

Going to undermine my own argument now but I think Carragher is informative. Richards I don't mind but don't think he offers me any analysis or understanding of the match that I wouldn't have garnered using my own eyes and brain. 

My broader point with US sports is their TV analysis of what's happening live and immediately afterwards is lightyears ahead of ours. I hate him because I like the Eagles but Romo is incredible at explaining the plays that you've just watched in NFL matches, he really brings it to life for the non-obsessed viewer (which is the job of the co-commentator in my view). 

It's the same in baseball - I have mlb.tv and watch local Phillies stream so have Tom McCarthy and John Kruk - Kruk explains what a pitcher is going to throw and why, and it helps me understand pitching tactics etc, it really brings an extra dimension to the game and makes me understand it more. Compare it to "unbelievable" and "kwalitee" etc, just such little in game and post-match analysis of any intellectual value. Neville decent.

Romo definitively changed the game for NFL broadcasting. There is nobody like him in NFL. 

Just now, Theregulars said:

Spitty is such a thundercunt I just can't listen to him. Richards is really likeable, but he adds nothing at all, just parrots what others are saying, but in a less insightful way.

Can't stand Palace. Annoys me mightily that we've not scored against them in 180 minutes, they're such an uninteresting side. Just a u-bend clogger with no other ambition than to block out. Crappiest part of town as well, such absolute arsehole fans too.

5 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Agree 100%

1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

Can't stand Palace. Annoys me mightily that we've not scored against them in 180 minutes, they're such an uninteresting side. Just a u-bend clogger with no other ambition than to block out. Crappiest part of town as well, such absolute arsehole fans too.

[emoji38] That post escalated beautifully from 'We haven't scored againt them' to 'Shithole full of cunts'. [emoji38]