Newcastle United vs. Chelsea - 12/11/22 @ 5:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Hard to see that it won't affect the players in the World Cup sqauds. 

I'm assuming Chelsea have more players going to the World Cup, so we can only hope it affects them more than it does us. The intensity may not quite be there as we've come to expect.

I'd like to think that of our players going to the world cup, they will turn out and do their best. I don't think characters like Trippier and Guimaraes can be half-hearted, plus, we're on the edge of a career making club season as well for people like Schar.

I would guess things aren't on the line quite as much for the Chelsea players...

7 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Hard to see that it won't affect the players in the World Cup sqauds. 

I'm assuming Chelsea have more players going to the World Cup, so we can only hope it affects them more than it does us. The intensity may not quite be there as we've come to expect.

Think I saw they have 20 of the 25 man roster headed to the WC.

Fuck the World Cup.

Our players are invested emotionally and physically in the rebirth and success of NUFC and this is a massive chance to demonstrate our capabilities.

Going balls to the wall to get NUFC into the champions league or pissing about in Qatar for a few weeks. No competition.

Howay the lads. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’ll be honest I switch off whenever I read someone write ‘big six’.  Load of sky nonsense.  Big six my arse - I’ve never liked the implication. 

Wasn’t the term created by the fans. It was originally the top 4, and said because they got all the TV games, and all the decisions from referee’s. Then Man City and Spurs joined the equation.

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Wasn’t the term created by the fans. It was originally the top 4, and said because they got all the TV games, and all the decisions from referee’s. Then Man City and Spurs joined the equation.

There’s been multiple iterations of it since I was a kid.  The PL breakaway had the ‘big five’ or ‘ITV five’ of Spurs, Man Utd, Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal.  We’ve been included in this meaningless top four/five/six things in the past.  It’s all a bit daft to me. 

25 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Fuck the World Cup.

Our players are invested emotionally and physically in the rebirth and success of NUFC and this is a massive chance to demonstrate our capabilities.

Going balls to the wall to get NUFC into the champions league or pissing about in Qatar for a few weeks. No competition.

Howay the lads. 

The tournament being in Qatar and in Nov/Dec has killed any remaining real interest in it for me.  As bent as FIFA is, having the brass bollocks to award it to fucking Qatar is almost impressive, given that bribery would be the only possible reason to award it to them.  At least with an actual nation-state you’ve got some plausible deniability.  The entire point of a WC is to give you something to watch for a few weeks once the proper football finishes.  This is all massively inconvenient and a huge pain in the arse.

I hope that it has a massive negative impact on Chelsea and their huge squad of highly paid internationals, whose form has been sub par to date in any case, and most of them not wanting to get injured before the WC.  Three points today means more than any England win at the WC.

HTL

Don’t feel particularly confident today. Can’t bring myself to believe we’re going to go into this break without a loss for us to all fret over for the next six weeks.

I hope there’s a proper last day of the season atmosphere. I want a repeat of the Arsenal match.

Hope we annihilate this sorry excuse for a football club today. Can’t wait to see them flushed out of the top four places this season and in seasons to come. They were the original shitheads of the premier league and continued on that way year after year under the oligarch. Enjoy your time in the shade

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Hope we annihilate this sorry excuse for a football club today. Can’t wait to see them flushed out of the top four places this season and in seasons to come. They were the original shitheads of the premier league and continued on that way year after year under the oligarch. Enjoy your time in the shade

Let’s be honest, Chelsea were always a shitheads club.  No fucker liked them when they were a run down mess who’d won fewer major trophies than Preston NE when the PL breakaway occurred.  Success has not rendered them more likeable.