Newcastle United vs. Chelsea - 12/11/22 @ 5:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

7 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Wonder when the last time we went into a game against 'the big 6' as betting favourites?

17:30 kick off, pissed up St James', we're flying, they've been poor lately. Last game before Boxing Day. Everything points to a win, which means every fibre in my body doesn't expect a win :lol: 

Last league game before boxing day.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Particularly liked this one;

"Does not matter who Potter picks, Newcastle are flying and I believe they, Arsenal and City will be the 3 well clear of everyone else come the end of the season.

We are short of confidence and belief in every department, and have no game plan. Home win".

Whatever the result, and I think it'll prove to be a very tough game, it's good to see the fans of the top ckubs taking us seriously.

1 hour ago, mattypnufc said:

They still available? 😂. Need two. 

Haha. Afraid not. Both were mates ST’s that were spare. But sort of got first shout, or someone else in their family were gonna use them, basically. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

Guest reefatoon

It's going to be great having a manager who will not put a team out to sit back and defend against these at last. Can't wait for it.

I think whoever has the most “professional” players wins this. A lot of players on both sides going to the WC2022 so will be interesting to see their individual levels the last game before such a big tournament.

To be honest, thought simialr myself yesterday (not necessarilty about Callum or any of our boys), but wiith the squads being announced days before the final fixtures before the break,  there could be a few selected for their countries perhaps not going in as commited as previous, incase they get injured?

Hopefully not an issue for us, and Howe will have them drilled that club still comes first.

Edited by TK-421

48 minutes ago, STM said:

One of the best YouTube Football channels for sure. There's not many around that are as informative and analytical.  Most of then are just spouting shitty outdated opinions.

I'm worried about this game as I'm expecting us to win, that doesn't feel right. With Wilson potentially not at 100% and possibly ASM coming back in, that feels like too much change.

1 minute ago, Wallsendmag said:

Prepare to be shocked mate! I don't think he starts tomorrow. Seems strange considering it was only supposed to be a cold but Howe won't start players unless they're 100%.

Yet he obviously did at St Mary's.

Wouldn't be surprised if Wilson has Covid & it's being kept quiet (not sure what the rules are now) but the light headedness he had at Southampton and training away from the team to me indicate something a bit more than a cold.

2 minutes ago, KDT said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Wilson has Covid & it's being kept quiet (not sure what the rules are now) but the light headedness he had at Southampton and training away from the team to me indicate something a bit more than a cold.

Especially as he has had it for 2 weeks now.

2 minutes ago, madras said:

Yet he obviously did at St Mary's.

Must have thought he was fine to play. It's been a hallmark of Howe since he arrived, that he's held players back. The polar opposite to what Bruce would do.

The fact that he hasn't trained with the team all week suggests he won't start tomorrow. Time will tell, but I'd be surprised.

4 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Prepare to be shocked mate! I don't think he starts tomorrow. Seems strange considering it was only supposed to be a cold but Howe won't start players unless they're 100%.

Not accusing Wilson of anything, but I do wonder if Howe feels like Wilson will (consciously or sub-consciously) have his head elsewhere for this game, with his first (and likely only) World Cup a week away. When you're as injury prone as Wilson is there must be something in the back of his head that would make him second guess every run/sprint on Sunday.