League Cup 4th Round - Newcastle Utd v AFC Bournemouth (20/12/22 @ 7.45pm)

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Laughable if he's emerged from a month's break with yet another injury. I feel for him as a guy but fucking hell are his muscles made out of spiderwebs or what?

Says it all really. 

image.png

Starting to worry about ASM. Whether it's injuries, loss of form, a lack of confidence, it's just not working out for him at the minute. Probably the only player Howe has failed to improve. He just doesn't seem to fit in any more. It's a shame because I do like him, and he's clearly a very talented and exciting player but I do think we look a better team without him in it right now.

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

Starting to worry about ASM. Whether it's injuries, loss of form, a lack of confidence, it's just not working out for him at the minute. Probably the only player Howe has failed to improve. He just doesn't seem to fit in any more. It's a shame because I do like him, and he's clearly a very talented and exciting player but I do think we look a better team without him in it right now.

Been worrying about him basically since he's been here. Weird tendency to wear loads of bandages, obviously a maverick player, loads of injuries. 

He's capable of amazing stuff and I would love him to get consistently fit, but I can't see it happening. 

3 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Been worrying about him basically since he's been here. Weird tendency to wear loads of bandages, obviously a maverick player, loads of injuries. 

He's capable of amazing stuff and I would love him to get consistently fit, but I can't see it happening. 

Ian banging on about the bandages again :lol: 

21 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Now buzzing for this. Shame its not on Wednesday as that's me birthday so have had to move the piss up forward a day. Starting down the Ouseburn at 1. :lol:

Howay the lads.

I would be buzzing but with Wilson, Isak and Maxi all probably out, it's put a bit of a damper on it for me. Chris fucking Wood.

I've never ever been on the Maxi bashing wagon, I love the bloke but at this point I think we'd be better off offloading him.  With him here it's like 'we don't really need a left winger we have Maxi'.... but we seem to never fuckin have Maxi available. 

Starting to edge towards find his replacement immediately and wish him well. 

Not to a PL team thar. 

Joelinton is infinitely more reliable as a left winger than ASM and over the course of a season I'd wager that Big Joe would contribute more goal involvements + better all around team play.

ASM is great in theory but in reality, he's injury prone, work shy and inconsistent.

It told me everything that Jacob Murphy outperformed ASM on Saturday.

However last time I slagged off ASM, he played a blinder.

13 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

He’s frustrating alright but he’ll dig us out of a hole time and time again with something outrageous.

This is the thing like, you can't write him off but the major problem is the consistency, and that's assuming he is fit long enough to be consistent.