The Quarter Finals: Croatia, Argentina, Morocco, and France through

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

I understand the disappointment, but it is ridiculous to be criticising Southgate for this loss. Hammer the ref if scapegoats are your thing. 

What about Declan Rice? Can I scapegoat him. What the fuck does he do

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

Sterling has been out of form for a while, not to mention the fact he inexplicably went home this week and there were ‘doubts’ about him coming back with his country in a World Cup QF. 

Eh? Nothing inexplicable about it and he did come back. Irrelevant really.

His England form has stayed decent despite his Chelsea form.

4 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Will be interested to see if Southgate stays or goes…I could see the logic either way. I don’t think he’s necessarily deserving of the sack, and he certainly deserved to bring the team into this WC. Might just be time for a change.

He’ll not get sacked Id have thought but suspect he might walk, seems to have reached a natural breakpoint for both. 

Wouldn’t have a clue who’d replace him mind. 

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I understand the disappointment, but it is ridiculous to be criticising Southgate for this loss. Hammer the ref if scapegoats are your thing. 

I’m going to get pelters, but I thought the ref was alright tbh.  There was a consistency to his approach, he tried to let the game run, and England were constantly looking for fouls and flung themselves to the deck at every opportunity. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Eh? Nothing inexplicable about it and he did come back. Irrelevant really.

His England form has stayed decent despite his Chelsea form.

Nothing inexplicable about leaving the squad to fly home 4000 miles and back?

Just now, Disco said:

He’ll not get sacked Id have thought but suspect he might walk, seems to have reached a natural breakpoint for both. 

He deserves one last crack (ie the Euros) and he'll feel that too imo. Be very surprised if he's not still the manager when they come around. 

I’ve been a big hater of Southgate but can’t really blame him this tournament. Still think you should replace him to get new faces in the squad to replace some of the older favourites of Southgate. Kane still has 1-2 tournaments left in his prime.

Deschamps is horrible and really doesn’t deserve another WC win, hope Morocco knocks them out.

Yeah, I think he’s had enough of being the person to try and hold everything together while being such a target. If he does go, he can leave knowing he’s been one of the most successful England managers in history and done a great job of getting the players to care more about playing for England / reduced the fear England players have of playing in international tournaments. That can’t be underestimated 

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

This is a weird take given Walker had Mbappe in his pocket all game.

Mbappe linked up well with team mates,which Walker couldn’t stop.His game isn’t just about scoring goals.Your views on Trippy being on the bench when England were awarded that last minute free kick? 

Just now, Beren said:

Pretty likeable England team overall. Apart from Pickford and Kane.

Trippier would have scored the freekick, like.

France the better side though IMO.

Kane not likeable? What in the actual fuck?

This forum needs to start enjoying footballers and not their personalities ffs. It’s not Big Brother.