The Quarter Finals: Croatia, Argentina, Morocco, and France through

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

Luuk de Jong and Weghorst :spit:

Why'd y'all go through all that trouble of beating us if this is what you had planned, man. Let some new money have fun. ffs. :lol:

Man if this manager had been in charge of Argentina for all of Messi's WC's I have to think they'd have won one or two.

Really well organised, look hard as fuck to beat. Just not sure they have the talent to go all the way, they might do but it'll be a lot of winning ugly.

Messi in his prime with Tevez and Aguero in this kind of setup would have been a force, though.

26 minutes ago, Flip said:

I don’t even know. In 2006 we lost to a Zidane masterpiece, 2014 to a much better side. Even 2018 we lost to a decent side even if we were superior. Tonight I just can’t grasp it. For 45 minutes Croatia had the game exactly as they wanted, but we kept growing and had numerous chances to score and put it away. 

then Neymar finally wakes up and gets a fantastic goal. From there we should’ve just tried to finish the game off. There’s an image before the counter attack. 7 players in Croatias side of the pitch when they have the ball at the middle of the pitch. How the fuck so they manage to be so thick with three minutes left of a Sorld Cup quarter finals.

Does it make sense if I say you don't look like Brazil? In my mind's eye you're the 94, 98, 02, and to a lesser extent 06 Brazil. I haven't seen the same flair and care free football from you for a long time. I'm sure you could have still won things with the way you play now because the players are still incredible, mind.

Just now, Shak said:

Man if this manager had been in charge of Argentina for all of Messi's WC's I have to think they'd have won one or two.

Really well organised, look hard as fuck to beat. Just not sure they have the talent to go all the way, they might do but it'll be a lot of winning ugly.

Messi in his prime with Tevez and Aguero in this kind of setup would have been a force, though.

But then we would have missed the bonkers Maradona years, which I mainly remember for him saying Messi, Mascharano and Jonas (at right back) we're the first three names on the team sheet. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Louis Van Bruce

He's not very adaptable is he? He built his early career on attacking football with Ajax, then when that stopped working, he's gone very defensive. It's all or nothing for VG it seems.