Newcastle United 1-0 Bournemouth (20/12/2022)

Disco

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

It's nice to remember that despite how fucking bad VAR is, they're actually fucking worse without it.

I do feel VAR has made the refs even worse, mind. Think that pen is given today pre VAR, but they are so used to being bailed out so don’t make any decision remotely controversial. Either all VAR or no VAR for me

1 minute ago, PRL said:

I do feel VAR has made the refs even worse, mind. Think that pen is given today pre VAR, but they are so used to being bailed out so don’t make any decision remotely controversial. Either all VAR or no VAR for me

Good point.  Having said that I thought the referee was very good tonight.

7 minutes ago, PRL said:

That ref has done 7 PL games with VAR and 6 games in the Championship and League Cup without VAR this season. Think he’s just shite tbh.

Edit. Not even criticising him for the offside as they are just impossible but the missed handball means he deserves all the shit.

Edited by Pata

21 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

I feel like that's the sorta of game we would have historically lost

I don't because I can't remember us having the ball that much for it to be that type of game.

Get used to this imo, our style means most teams will sit back, and we will pen them in, limiting them to the odd counter. Basically the reverse of the football we used to watch.