The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

We need 4 points out of our next 2 games. You would assume Spurs would beat Bournemouth, so we need to match that result and then do not lose against them at home.

From then on it’s ours.

It would be amazing if Bournemouth can decide that they want to stay up and beat Spurs though.

Edited by Stifler

Looking beyond Spurs in 5th, the gap to the others is massive at this late stage. 9 pts on Villa, 12 on Liverpool. Considering those other teams only have 8 or games left it means if we win 4 games they have to win 7 or 8. A tall order. 

8 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

That Spurs v Man Utd game is massive for us. Best result is a draw I think so both teams effectively drop 2 points? 

Man Utd win for me. We don’t need to finish above both teams, only 1 of them. If both us and Manure beat Spurs it knocks Spurs out of the race. So I want Manure win first, draw second. 

9 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

That Spurs v Man Utd game is massive for us. Best result is a draw I think so both teams effectively drop 2 points? 

Definitely Man-U win

They'll easily get top 4, they have a decent set of fixtures so ultimately we need Spurs/Brighton to keep dropping points 

8 hours ago, Stifler said:

We need 4 points out of our next 2 games. You would assume Spurs would beat Bournemouth, so we need to match that result and then do not lose against them at home.

From then on it’s ours.

It would be amazing if Bournemouth can decide that they want to stay up and beat Spurs though.

Even if Spurs best Bournemouth, a point v Villa is fine. Bigger picture they have us, Man United and Liverpool afterwards, whereas we have them followed by Everton and Southampton.

We’re generally 1/5 to finish top 4. Far too short imo. We’ve a tough game at Villa and then a real crunch game with Spurs. I’d actually accept defeat at Villa if we could guarantee a win against Spurs.

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

We’re generally 1/5 to finish top 4. Far too short imo. We’ve a tough game at Villa and then a real crunch game with Spurs. I’d actually accept defeat at Villa if we could guarantee a win against Spurs.

Nah, I’m greedy. Double W, pleaseO0

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

1/100 to finish top 6 after today's result

Dust that blue passport down

Aye, we should be favourites, but 1/5 looks a touch short. After Bournemouth Spurs have a decisive few weeks coming up. They could have some serious ground to make up if we keep on griding out the results.

Edited by The Prophet

40 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

It's not really though is it? We can win 4 out of 9, Spurs would then have to win at least 5 out of 8 to finish above us. 

I have to say I’m glad that Spurs don’t play ManU in the last game week or similar. Now they both have all to fight for when they play. Wouldn’t have surprised me if they did anything to keep us away from reaching a CL place if it was possible. 

Just looking at the remaining fixtures...

We have Villa (a), Spurs (h), Everton (a), Southampton (h), Arsenal (h), Leeds (a), Leicester (h), Chelsea (a), Brighton (h)

Man United have Forest (a), Spurs (a), Villa (h), Brighton (a), West Ham (a), Wolves (h), Bournemouth (a), Fulham (h), Chelsea (h)

Spurs have Bournemouth (h), us (a), Man United (h), Liverpool (a), Palace (h), Villa (a), Brentford (h), Leeds (a) 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Just looking at the remaining fixtures...

We have Villa (a), Spurs (h), Everton (a), Southampton (h), Arsenal (h), Leeds (a), Leicester (h), Chelsea (a), Brighton (h)

Man United have Forest (a), Spurs (a), Villa (h), Brighton (a), West Ham (a), Wolves (h), Bournemouth (a), Fulham (h), Chelsea (h)

Spurs have Bournemouth (h), us (a), Man United (h), Liverpool (a), Palace (h), Villa (a), Brentford (h), Leeds (a) 

Our run in looks really hard, you'd think after a week we've just had we'd have a few easier games coming up.

3 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Our run in looks really hard, you'd think after a week we've just had we'd have a few easier games coming up.

9 games left and we have 4 of the bottom 5 to go. I know some of them will be fighting, but if we play our game we should win those 4 games.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Obviously not the be all and end all, but 3rd would be sweet as fuck. Man Utd the only club in the PL era we've never finished above, would be nice to mark that one off.

Interesting stat this 

Man Utd's run looks the easiest of the three of us. But there are bound to be upsets/shocks along the way. Who knows how they will perform without Rashford if he's out for a number of games. 

But I'd say they have about 8 expected to win games from their run in, we have about 5 and spurs have about 5. 

3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Everyone's fixtures are tough, there are very few teams, if any, playing for nothing. As a spectacle it's perfect really.

I think right now, Fulham and Chelsea have nothing to play for. In 2 weeks time that'll increase to another 3 teams and them I think the rest could go down to the last 2 games. Will definitely be one of the most exciting finishes to a season (at top and bottom) for a long time.

12 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I think right now, Fulham and Chelsea have nothing to play for. In 2 weeks time that'll increase to another 3 teams and them I think the rest could go down to the last 2 games. Will definitely be one of the most exciting finishes to a season (at top and bottom) for a long time.

Will be the teams in the top half who have nothing to play for in a few games time (once European football is out of reach). The relegation scrap will continue to keep as many teams as possible involved until the end.

Maximum points and +7 GD from Man U at H, West Ham and Brentford away.   Coming straight after two wins (Wolves H and Forest Away). So 15 points in four weeks, 13 points above 7th place with only 27 points to play for. What a time to hit form. Four more games in April. 
I know the above reads like random factoids but it is just remarkable really. Guess I am just saying it to remind ourselves how well we’re positioned and what a great season it has been for us; well a great season and half to be fair, given the similar run of form form January 2022. We are definitely in Europe nest season and, most likely, in the pick of the bunch competitions wise.