The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

5 minutes ago, PRL said:

Really do not know how to feel. Odds show us as 100-1 on, but not outlandish to have a shitter with a bunch of injuries and Monday go wrong way, after which I’d be absolutely bricking it. But I’d have ripped your arms and legs off for a draw with scousers today. Just felt so fucking close. Argh, roll on Monday 

It’s a human instinct (following newcastle) to expect things to go wrong. Until it’s done, it’s not done. But fully expect us to batter them on Monday. …. Hopefully ? 

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

1 pointed needed from final two games and we could even lose both and if Liverpool don’t overcome our +7 gf we qualify for top four. I feel very chilled. 

But if we lose 1-0 to Leicester and lose 2-0 to Chelsea, that +7 becomes +4 and Liverpool could easily hammer Southampton. 

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

But if we lose 1-0 to Leicester and lose 2-0 to Chelsea, that +7 becomes +4 and Liverpool could easily hammer Southampton. 

Precisely.  If goal difference comes into it, we are at best +5.

4 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Fuck me nowt like looking on the positive side ? If that happens we don’t deserve to finish in the top four ffs. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

3 minutes ago, madras said:

A clean sheet will do it.

:lol: more likely to win 8-1 than keep a clean sheet at the minute

Edited by OpenC

Don't get me wrong, I'm 99.999999999% confident we're going to do it, but I've seen a few takes where people are saying "oh we can lose both games and still make it" where they don't seem to realise that losing means shipping goals which affects GD.

Anyway, Bayern, Real and Rangers in the CL next season please. :lol:

Might get a good idea from the Brighton Vs Southampton game tomorrow how much of an easy ride Liverpool will get on the last day. 

Stranger things have happened than relegated clubs putting up a fight on the last day and surprising teams.

That said, it won't matter. Leicester are getting slapped on Monday, never been so confident of a win.

There is however, a very, very small part of me, that would have quite liked to qualify for the Europa League. Purely as playing FC Shithole from the arse end of Europe may have given me some hope of getting a ticket to a European away game. However, with the Champions League I can almost guarantee there is not a chance of that happening. 

Other than earning a couple million extra in prize money, is there any meaningful benefit to finishing 3rd instead of 4th? (Apart from the glory of it being a better achievement).

7 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

There is however, a very, very small part of me, that would have quite liked to qualify for the Europa League. Purely as playing FC Shithole from the arse end of Europe may have given me some hope of getting a ticket to a European away game. However, with the Champions League I can almost guarantee there is not a chance of that happening. 

Depends what teams you get drawn against and if you're willing to watch the game with a home ticket as a 'tourist'. 

I just keep coming back to what the atmosphere is going to be like and imagining us coming out of the traps in the first 5 minutes. Brighton crumbled, Spurs crumbled, Man Utd eventually crumbled. Can a Leicester side, who are on their knees, cope?

Just now, WinstonFC said:

Depends what teams you get drawn against and if you're willing to watch the game with a home ticket as a 'tourist'. 

Most (all?) won’t let English fans buy home tickets officially, I’d have thought? Unless you go via a tout. 

3 minutes ago, astraguy said:

class this,thought villa was out of the race

Looking unlikely though. Brighton only need basically 1 win from their last 3 because even if Villa win their last game, there's no way they're turning over a 14 goal difference between them.

1 hour ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

The year is 2023. There are two games left to play in the premier league season. If you bet £250 on Newcastle to finish top four you get £1 back. 

Just stop to imagine this being remotely possible at any time after the fluke fifth season. Staggering. Smell the roses everyone. 

Literally the sort of thing I had to play about 700 hours of football manager from 2006 to 2016 to fantasize about. It all feels fake. Surely someone has hooked us up to the matrix.