The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

620 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

5 minutes ago, STM said:

If we do it, i reckon a point against Brighton and Chelsea and win against Leicester.

I think our GD will be overtaken or at least leveled by the end of the season 

We'll either do it by getting to 72 points or we'll miss out 

2 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Think they'll be fine as their home record is strong and the away fixture as it an already safe Bournemouth 

I think our home record is strong too and our away game is against the most beach team ever in Chelsea.

Just now, Sempiternal said:

The worry for villa is that high line they play trying to catch teams  offside, spurs were offside a shit load against them. Fuck that up and Liverpool will feast 

Emery changes tactics game by game usually.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The bed wetters must be in dreamland. Not only they get to suck all of the excitement and anticipation out of Thursday, if we lose, in their minds their bulk buy of adult nappies will be vindicated and they get to repeat the cycle all over again, beginning with the summer transfer window. 

The possibilities are endless.

I for one cannot wait to hear the reasons why we will probably be losing each game next season. 

5 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Fuck me, this bedwetters stuff is pure RTG. Absolutely abysmal. 

Exactly, people not allowed to express an opinion on a message board/chat forum/internet forum.

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I think our GD will be overtaken or at least leveled by the end of the season 

We'll either do it by getting to 72 points or we'll miss out 

We can beat this Leicester side with a few goals aswell.

2 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

The worry for villa is that high line they play trying to catch teams  offside, spurs were offside a shit load against them. Fuck that up and Liverpool will feast 

Fair point, especially with Liverpool getting a 5 yard grace period from VAR. 

5 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Some spectacular negativity on this forum like… it’s depressing as fuck. You all need to get your confidence up. I pray the players and staff aren’t as defeatist as you. You’re acting as if we’ve had a major drop off in form. We gave Arsenal a good game and on another day would have come away with something, and Leeds was a very tough away game against an emboldened team trying to beat the drop…and we were still only a deflected goal away from winning it.

We have it all in our own hands… we are more than capable of beating Brighton, Leicester and Chelsea. People writing off the Brighton game as if it’s maximum 1 point… it will be a hard game but we are absolutely capable of controlling a game like that. It will be one of the tougher games at SJP for sure, but it’s absolutely doable, especially with the atmosphere…under the lights. Leicester is absolutely winnable (if we don’t we don’t deserve it), and Chelsea is also a winnable game.

Focus on positivity. We can do this in the next 7 days. We just need to stick together and make SJP an absolute fortress!

I thought we were pretty poor against Arsenal to be honest, and wasn't taken in by the "amazing Arsenal" stuff after that game. They were there for the taking that day but we were just really poor in the middle of the park. And then on Saturday we were equally as bad in that area. We aren't playing terribly but we are definitely creaking and to me there is just the feeling that injuries are going to swing momentum away from us.

Just now, Sempiternal said:

Yeah true, they were very good at the offside trap against spurs, but it’s risky and fine margins. Against these it would scare me 

On the other hand, I can see them causing Liverpool problems as well. I might be wrong but I also think they have Cash and Kamara back.

8 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

It’s absolutely insane. People were being called bedwetters for thinking we might not beat Leeds, and that Liverpool will likely win out. One has already happened and the other is pretty likely. It’s proper RTG crack. The funniest thing to me is acting like negativity on here had any kind of impact on the team, they’ve never heard of the forum. 

Je suis Maxi et après avoir lu les commentaires me concernant je joue mal exprès. Je ne vais résilier mon contrat pour vous contrarier. Vous êtes N-O beaucoup de petites limaces, de petites limaces sans personnalité.

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Fair point, especially with Liverpool getting a 5 yard grace period from VAR. 

Yeah, it worked well against spurs but if it goes wrong they’ll run riot. Emery is a smart guy, hopefully he will adjust 

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Je suis Maxi et après avoir lu les commentaires me concernant je joue mal exprès. Je vais résilier mon contrat pour vous contrarier. Vous êtes N-O beaucoup de petites limaces, de petites limaces sans personnalité.

I pray he doesn’t read here or he will be back on the Côte d'Azur pronto 

23 minutes ago, worthy said:

That scares me tbf. If we go out and attack we will get slapped like Arsenal. - Gotta play some defensive trap and invite them up the pitch.

Brighton were lucky not to be behind at Arsenal by the time they scored against the run of play.  We just need to put away our chances when they come.

3 minutes ago, buzza said:

Villa are not an easy game.

I can see a draw very possible here

It's the one game I have said for weeks might be the wall for Liverpool. If Watkins and Ramsey play anything like they did against us they will cause Liverpool's back line problems. Also Emery is a crafty coach, he'll know how to set them up to nullify Liverpool.

Just now, Geogaddi said:

Anfield will be bouncing on Saturday if they know a win takes them into the top 4, Villa will struggle to cope with that .

So will St James - we can not worry about Liverpools result we just have to win our games.  Two Wins - job done.

1 minute ago, bowlingcrofty said:

You’ll be banned off here with an attitude like that. :lol: 

[emoji38] Don't get me wrong, I'd probably take a point now if offered, but it would be an incredible feeling to turn them over and be facing Leicester next.

I still think Liverpool beat Villa, but it will tighter than tonight’s shambles from Leicester. We have to beat Brighton purely because Liverpool will more than likely be above us by the time we play next if we don’t 

4 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Anfield will be bouncing on Saturday if they know a win takes them into the top 4, Villa will struggle to cope with that .

I think Villa under Emery are one of the few teams that might be able to cope with a bouncing Anfield. They have players who can hurt them.

I can't call it atm but I remind myself that this team has continuously surprised me throughout the season. The last time we had a home game against a CL rival we murdered them in the time it takes to recite the Blaydon Races. We pumped ManU as well in the one before that. 

Brighton will be better than both of those opponents but I'm not going into it expecting a negative result. We're a very different beast at St James' Park, even with midfield casualties. A draw seems likely and that would just-about keep us on track. 

I also remind myself that we have one of the most in-form strikers in the league, plus Alexander Isak. The latter of whom is absolutely fucking class. There's also Maxi back to fitness, Willock still in great form, Almiron fully fit again. 

I absolutely believe we have the goals and the mentality to get it done. I'm not certain we will, but I definitely feel confident.