The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

615 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

If we finish top 7 and above Chelsea/West ham etc. we'll qualify for Europe.

The FA Cup final is after the final league games right? Finishing 6th and having to wait til after the FA Cup final to find out what comp we'll be in would suck. Especially if Man U win it.

They were discussing it on Talksport over weekend and said it was a shame the final wasn't the last game anymore. I've just googled it and it is, played on the 25th May. So it's going to, potentially, be your scenario.

On 21/04/2024 at 20:13, Keegans Export said:

Man City win FA Cup

5th & 6th = Europa League

7th = Conference League

Man Utd win FA Cup (and finish 6th)

5th = Europa League

(6th = Man Utd/Europa League)

7th = Conference League 

Man Utd win FA Cup (and finish 7th)

5th = Europa League 

6th = Conference League 

(7th = Man Utd/Europa League)

Man Utd win FA Cup (and finish 8th or lower)

5th = Europa League

6th = Conference League

7th = No European qualification

(8th+ = Man Utd/Europa League) 

That's right isn't it? On the assumption that England doesn't get the extra CL place.

Ignore me.

Edited by NSG

51 minutes ago, NSG said:

Apparently if Villa win the Conference league and don’t finish top 4 then we get an extra Europa league spot.

Might want to read that again as, what I read states the opposite

59 minutes ago, NSG said:

Apparently if Villa win the Conference league and don’t finish top 4 then we get an extra Europa league spot.

Doesn’t look like that was the case when Roma won it and finished sixth two years ago?

16 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

We're going on a mad run, we will win all our remaining fixtures. 68pts let's goooooo

crazy batman GIF

Stranger things have happened

Only see 6-9 though as can see us dropping points in games we should realistically win....ie Burnley and Sheff Utd. 

Edited by gjohnson

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

The only way we get an extra European place by Villa winning the Conference League, is if Villa do not finish in a European spot themselves.

Guess that’s what happened with West Ham last season.

Looking at West Hams fixtures, their form, and the fact that they have played 2 more games, it's probably just Man Utd and Chelsea left as real threats for our for us. Chelsea has tough fixtures aswell, but they have performed well against stronger sides this season. Hoping Arsenal will do the job today, that would be huge.

Edited by Erikse

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

Looking at West Hams fixtures, their form, and the fact that they have played 2 more games, it's probably just Man Utd and Chelsea left as real threats for our for us. Chelsea has tough fixtures aswell, but they have performed well against stronger sides this season. Hoping Arsenal will do the job today, that would be huge.

Not all that worried about Chelsea. After they play Arsenal today they have to go play Villa next match. I see us being out of sight by the time those fixtures are played. 

Only thing I’m remotely concerned about is Man U somehow winning the cup through some VAR fuckery or whatever. 

We have a relatively easy schedule coming up and matches we should be winning. 

3 minutes ago, Sufi said:

Not all that worried about Chelsea. After they play Arsenal today they have to go play Villa next match. I see us being out of sight by the time those fixtures are played. 

Only thing I’m remotely concerned about is Man U somehow winning the cup through some VAR fuckery or whatever. 

Chelsea have had good results and performances against "good" sides

3 hours ago, Erikse said:

Aye, hadn't realised W Ham have such awful fixtures.

2 hours ago, Sufi said:

Chelsea could win every remaining game, they could also lose every remaining game too.

Jackson getting booked tonight would be great for us as he will miss the next two.

29 minutes ago, TRC said:

Chelsea could win every remaining game, they could also lose every remaining game too.

Jackson getting booked tonight would be great for us as he will miss the next two.

Prefer Caicedo getting booked tbh.

IMG_0722.thumb.jpeg.41ac330886526cfdc08eadce9fadd291.jpeg

Obviously this doesn’t really mean too much with a few league games still to go, but it gives a rough indication of where we’d be placed should we qualify.

3 hours ago, Sufi said:

Chelsea can give anyone a fight when they are on it. Man United has something like 13 injuries right now, but they play the exact same teams as us in their next 3. Palace, Burnley and Sheffield. Then we play them at Old Trafford.

Edited by Erikse

2 hours ago, SteV said:

IMG_0722.thumb.jpeg.41ac330886526cfdc08eadce9fadd291.jpeg

Obviously this doesn’t really mean too much with a few league games still to go, but it gives a rough indication of where we’d be placed should we qualify.

(obviously a long way from possibly happening but...)

Rangers, Braga, and Lugano (so I can go visit my friend who lives there) please.

A far cry from the CL group we had. :lol: 

Edited by cubaricho

That might be our best bet with a fantastic chance of winning it. And getting the monkey of our backs and hopefully winning more trophies in the future with the experience of that European win. 

Conference League is 6th if Man Utd win the FA Cup. 7th otherwise.

That's assuming ofcourse PL remains with four UCL spots.

Edited by Mazzy