The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

620 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

8 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

The next two games are key for me. We need to take a minimum of 4 points as I think Man Utd lose to Arsenal and I can’t see them beating Crystal Palace. We should hopefully be 2/3 points ahead of them going to Old Trafford 

Pity we're not playing them this midweek as they could have a couple of defenders back by the time we do play.

Man Utd have only one win in their last six and have four tough fixtures left. We'll have had a bad end to the season if we don't go on to finish above them from here. 

24 minutes ago, Decky said:

Man Utd have only one win in their last six and have four tough fixtures left. We'll have had a bad end to the season if we don't go on to finish above them from here. 

They were so lucky against Brentford, Liverpool and Bournemouth. Should have been three defeats and three points less. I’ll be gutted if we can’t finish above them 

I'd like to finally finish above Man Utd as they are the only team I've never seen us finish above in my time, but if someone offered me 7th place now and Man Utd to finish 6th, then I'd gladly take it. We'll likely finish anywhere from 6th-8th, 9th at worst, so 7th would be in the middle of that, but more importantly, it would guarantee some form of Europe (Conference in this case). If we finish 8th then there would be no Europe, or if we finished 7th behind Chelsea then European qualification would be out of our hands. At least this way we could just enjoy the FA Cup final, watch as neutrals (if we wanted), and not be denied a place like we were in 1995 when Rideout got that winner for Everton in the final and we finished 6th but missed out as a result. I was only 8 at the time, and probably wouldn't have known what was going on at the time (in terms of missing out), but still...

5 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Beat Burnley with a terrible performance and one sweaty goal in it. +3 

Reckon we put 4 or 5 past Brighton. 

+3 

Absolutely torture Man U but ultimately draw thanks to a blatantly corrupt offside or penalty decision. 

+1

Inexplicably lose badly to Brentford 

+0

+7 in total. 

5 hours ago, Izakaya said:

Absolutely torture Man U but ultimately draw thanks to a blatantly corrupt offside or penalty decision. 

Agreed. Can definitely see you getting a penalty to snatch a draw. Refs been giving everyone a pen against us lately.

Whatever happens I think we can all agree it'll be hilarious if Spurs somehow finish below us, Man U and Chelsea. OK, maybe Leffe won't be laughing, unless its like the laughter of madness.

Here's the end of April update to the Top Six prediction I've been doing all season.

image.png.210e9f995362940100a6395458c86f41.png

As you can see (and is pretty much evident from the current table) we're not far away from it now! Three points behind what we should have (based on average total points return of 62 for sixth place), given relative difficulty of games and number of games per month. 

3 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

It's classic Newcastle fan-ism. "The other team is going to win all their games despite no evidence to support that, and we're going to lose all our games"

Chelsea looked good at the weekend and spurs and west ham are hardly flying at the moment. Our away form has been sketchy all season and that palace game was abysmal. Burnley are fighting for their lives and haven't lost much lately

Just what I fancy.

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Chelsea looked good at the weekend and spurs and west ham are hardly flying at the moment. Our away form has been sketchy all season and that palace game was abysmal. Burnley are fighting for their lives and haven't lost much lately

Just what I fancy.

They looked dreadful first half actually. They're a team that's exactly where their season long performances merit.

This time of season especially is absolute chaos central like, unless it's Man City. I look at our fixtures and I think based on what I've seen of us this season 4 points seems the most realistic but you just never know. I'm about as confident that Burnley will beat us as I was that Villa (a) would. 

All the teams in the race for 6th/7th will continue to drop points.

Chelsea do look a bit better now than they did. But I think they would do well to get better than 9-10 points from their remaining fixtures.

Likewise, we don't look like hitting top form at all this season. I'd probably take 7 points if it was offered now, if 3 of those came against man U.

Man U would do well to get 4 points from their next 2. So would we tbh.

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

All the teams in the race for 6th/7th will continue to drop points.

Chelsea do look a bit better now than they did. But I think they would do well to get better than 9-10 points from their remaining fixtures.

Likewise, we don't look like hitting top form at all this season. I'd probably take 7 points if it was offered now, if 3 of those came against man U.

Man U would do well to get 4 points from their next 2. So would we tbh.

I'm expecting 6 from our remaining games before being pasted by City in the FA Cup final.

15 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

11 points from the last 8 games.  

1 defeat in the last 8 and they had 10 men in that defeat. 
draws at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge. Our rivals couldn’t beat them at home. Beating them away might not be easy. 
For a team that is still 19th (I think) that is decent form. They’ve seem to find a way to be competitive in games.  
Unlike most of you lot, I know ball.

Yet when I asked you what specifically it is about their team we should be worried about you said nothing. Are you just looking at a couple of results or do you actually think they have players who can hurt us?

23 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I'm expecting 6 from our remaining games before being pasted by City in the FA Cup final.

3 of them against us?

All three teams could bomb out or win all their remaining games. Just have to prepare well and make sure we start each game well.

14 hours ago, Beth said:

I think we'll get 7pts. Brighton game is a gimmie going off their recent form. Of the three aways I think Brentford will be the easiest as they'll have nothing to play for and Tony will be looking to avoid injury. Burnley and Man U will be hard for obvious reasons.

7 would be my guess too. If three of those are from Man Utd, then confident that 60 points will be enough for 6th. 

35 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yet when I asked you what specifically it is about their team we should be worried about you said nothing. Are you just looking at a couple of results or do you actually think they have players who can hurt us?

I'm looking at the last 8 results. Of which they have only lost once. Including draws at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge (where we lost badly).  I fancied them to get a result at OT because they've been scoring goals and picking up results and Man U are shit.

For a team that is 19th, that is decent form. Averaging over a point a game. They've dropped the young keeper and tightened up defensively a little.

They have improved from being that terrible side they were for 2/3 of the season. They have it all to play for. 

It's not the super easy fixture it would've been in September. And we are bad away from home.

We should beat these. They are still 19th with a low points total. But they are in as good a vein of form as they've been all season with it all to play for. Another slow away start and we could be in trouble.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

As much as I don't trust us away from home not to put in a shocker, Burnley have won two home games all season.

I think it depends on how we approach it, more than them.

From what I’ve seen, Burnley have been playing better/looked tougher to beat. Just checked they’ve only lost once in last eight games (mainly draws). 19th in League, but 11th in form table. 
Man Utd currently 12th in form table. We are 3rd. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny