The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

620 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

37 minutes ago, jack j said:

3 of them against us?

Not confident. Feel like we should pick apart Brighton though, and we should have Shaw, Martinez and Varane back.

19 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

From what I’ve seen, Burnley have been playing better/looked tougher to beat. Just checked they’ve only lost once in last nine games (mainly draws). 19th in League, but 11th in form table. 
Man Utd currently 12th in form table.

It'll be tough for sure, but it's a game we should be winning.

They have made themselves difficult to beat, beating Sheff United and Brentford and drawing with Man United, Chelsea, West Ham and Wolves.

This time last season, I'd say we'll batter them, but our away form is so indifferent at the moment it'll be tight and it wouldn't surprise me if we lost.

It's dumb and a cliche but it's all about the first goal in these away games. We haven't gotten anything from an away game in which we've conceded first since West Ham in October. We haven't won an away game coming from behind since Brentford in April.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

I'm looking at the last 8 results. Of which they have only lost once. Including draws at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge (where we lost badly).  I fancied them to get a result at OT because they've been scoring goals and picking up results and Man U are shit.

For a team that is 19th, that is decent form. Averaging over a point a game. They've dropped the young keeper and tightened up defensively a little.

They have improved from being that terrible side they were for 2/3 of the season. They have it all to play for. 

It's not the super easy fixture it would've been in September. And we are bad away from home.

We should beat these. They are still 19th with a low points total. But they are in as good a vein of form as they've been all season with it all to play for. Another slow away start and we could be in trouble.

All that really suggests is that they are probably better organised than previously so it might be a harder grind. The reason I was wondering about specifics is because if they don't have much pace up front, that means our back line will probably find it a bit easier. The teams which have given us the most problems have been those with real pace like Forest, Fulham and Palace. Results themselves only tell you so much, a lot depends on how their team can target our weaknesses and vice versa.

26 minutes ago, TRon said:

All that really suggests is that they are probably better organised than previously so it might be a harder grind. The reason I was wondering about specifics is because if they don't have much pace up front, that means our back line will probably find it a bit easier. The teams which have given us the most problems have been those with real pace like Forest, Fulham and Palace. Results themselves only tell you so much, a lot depends on how their team can target our weaknesses and vice versa.

We've had trouble in most away games tbf.

Played 8 of the bottom 10 away from home: W3, D1, L4.

28 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We've had trouble in most away games tbf.

Played 8 of the bottom 10 away from home: W3, D1, L4.

And we probably didn't deserve the draw to Wolves or the win against Fulham. Forest away wasn't particularly convincing either IIRC.

Sheffield United was good though.

Just looked at the remaining games for Tottenham, Manu and ourselves.

If we win three of our four and maybe draw the other I am sure we would finish fifth.

Both of the others have really hard run ins and I could see them getting very little points...

10 minutes ago, buzza said:

Manu: palace, arsenal, nufc, brighton

Tot: chelsea, liverpool, burnley, city

Spurs have got sheff United left to play as well

Zero chance we come above them. Hopefully they beat Chelsea and do us a huge favour tomorrow

42 minutes ago, jack j said:

Spurs have got sheff United left to play as well

Zero chance we come above them. Hopefully they beat Chelsea and do us a huge favour tomorrow

Aye, I'd probably be happier with a Spurs win tomorrow because keeping Chelsea at bay improves our great chance of finishing 6th/7th and gaining a euro place of some sort, while a 5th place finish is a long shot.

Don't Spurs just not win at Stamford Bridge? I've seen that stretched the limit as well, when Chelsea have been absolutely atrocious, Spurs have been flying and Chelsea have still turned them over for that one match. 

A Spurs win tonight for me to keep Chelsea away!

It would have been a nightmare if they'd beaten Man City in that FA Cup semi as you just know fine well, we'd finish 7th and they'd have won the Cup!

Well, it’s going to be an interesting last few weeks that’s for sure! 

Chelsea worry me looking at their remaining games hence I wanted a Spurs win tonight but they looked shot again! 

5 minutes ago, Beth said:

Three wins out of four for 5th now. Two wins and a draw for 6th.

Fyp. Spurs and man u are collapsing. 

7 minutes ago, Beth said:

Three wins out of four for 6th now. Two wins and a draw for 7th.

Both of these require us to win at OT?

2 minutes ago, Dr. TC said:

Fyp. Spurs and man u are collapsing. 

Spurs still have to play Burnley and Sheff Utd, they'll get at least 4 points from those, no way are we winning all four.

1 minute ago, TRC said:

Both of these require us to win at OT?

No idea till we see how the next two fixtures for each team play out.

47 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I do think Chelsea have turned a bit of a corner. 

Yeah, whatever happens this season happens. I’m more concerned Poch has found something that will stop them from sliding into oblivion.