The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - NUFC to enter Conference League if Man City win FA Cup

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

621 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

3 hours ago, astraguy said:

Didn't realize we have 3 games this week,this is the week we will know if we can make the top 4

Just noticed. All three look difficult now. Probably mainly because of the stress/felt sense of needing to win them. Spurs will be fighting with all they have for Campions League, Everton are level on points with Forest and fighting against their first relegation. Southampton, surely relegated,  are capable of a performance like last night.
Win them, particularly tomorrow, and we earn a bit of a buffer for the five games in May. 

4 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Liverpool have to play Spurs and Villa so someone is dropping points.  It won't necessarily help for top 4 but will for the other Euro places if we do miss out.

69 points is the number. We just have to win 4 out of our last 8 and get a draw.

I'm shocked anyone think Villa are a genuine threat like. They pretty much have to win all their remaining games including Liverpool, Spurs, Brighton and Man United. 

Liverpool have a slim chance, but they need to defend much better than they did today.

Just now, The Prophet said:

I'm shocked anyone think Villa are a genuine threat like. They pretty much have to win all their remaining games including Liverpool, Spurs, Brighton and Man United. 

Liverpool have a slim chance, but they need to defend much better than they did today.

I see them more of a threat to us getting to Europe if we do go on a bad run.

We need 72 points to get top 4, and thats with Liverpool winning every game (assuming Spurs fuck up as well).

Thats 16 points, so 5 wins and a draw, but realistically Liverpool will drop points somewhere, so you are probably looking at 4 wins, maybe 1 draw on top of that.

If we win tomorrow, then that’s well on our way to top 4. The fear is we do what Leicester have done in the last couple of seasons and have it in their hands, only to somehow mess it up.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

We need 72 points to get top 4, and thats with Liverpool winning every game (assuming Spurs fuck up as well).

Thats 16 points, so 5 wins and a draw, but realistically Liverpool will drop points somewhere, so you are probably looking at 4 wins, maybe 1 draw on top of that.

If we win tomorrow, then that’s well on our way to top 4. The fear is we do what Leicester have done in the last couple of seasons and have it in their hands, only to somehow mess it up.

I think physiologically we're in a similar position to Arsenal.  We've been above expected all season.  Playing with freedom and winning.  Now we're starting to think we can do it and pressure is coming in.  Hopefully we find a way to keep winning with that pressure starting tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Shit I thought we needed 14 points to guarantee finishing ahead of Liverpool, it’s actually 16 (I think)

I find it easier just to work out how many we can lose.  We're 6 points ahead with game in hand so we can lose 3.  But then goal difference will hit us that would not quite be enough.

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

6 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

I would take 6 points from next 3 games as long as we beat Spurs. 62 points with 5 games left. Probably 7 points from there would be enough.

but that could keep Everton up!  It would suck if they got the points they needed two season on the trot from us!

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald