The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

I stand by my words. We have lost three. 

We won’t lose again. We will get some draws. But who are we playing away from home harder than Brentford? 

We bossed arsenal last time up here. Spurs up here will get battered. Proper battered. 

Everton have crumbled. Leeds are wide open at the back and couldn’t beat an egg. 

I am very confident in our run in. It’s everyone else who needs to be consistent and worry about US.

19 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

You have us winning 7 from remaining 9 games? Which two do you have as defeats?

I actually have us drawing arsenal and Chelsea; remaining unbeaten until end of season :lol: 

3 minutes ago, STM said:

If we get a draw at Villa we've done well. If we win, there is zero stopping us.

I think we still need to beat Spurs after getting something from Villa to be really confident about UCL. 

2 hours ago, SteV said:

Midweek before the last game of the season with them in the cup final and Chelsea having somehow fluked their way to the CL final will do

Chelsea finding themselves in the CL final sounds like a fucking dreadful scenario to me.

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

I had always thought Liverpool were going to come back into it as well but there's no way they catch either of us now. 

It's between us two and Spurs for the two spots.

It still pisses me off how Spurs seem to be picking up points through sheer fluke or bent refereeing like over the weekend. They should have been out of the picture as well if things hadn't gone their way so often with rank officiating. Hopefully that will even out over the last couple of months but probably the best outlook is to keep doing the business, and the CL places will look after themselves.

For context with Spurs, their best eight game spell of the season was August-September, when they went 5-2-1. Since then they have lost pretty much every third game. They are currently four unbeaten, their second best spell of the season, but were well ropey against Brighton and threw away leads against both Everton and (rock bottom) Southampton. They're not exactly killing it.

Our worst nine-game form of the season, which included three games without Bruno and Arsenal and Man City away, was 2-5-2 and would get us to 67. Spurs absolute best of 5-2-1 would get them to 70. We beat them on GD so they need to beat us on points. One more or fewer win either way and we finish above them. Slightly better than our absolute worst form of the season isn't a big ask given the way the team is playing. Over half our remaining games Chels, Spurs, Leic, Southampton, Leeds are against teams without a proper manager (!)

We'll be fine and do it by four plus points, meaning its settled before the final day. We'll get more, but I still suspect 65 plus GD would be enough.

1 hour ago, andyc35i said:

I’m actually favouring a draw against Villa just to break the winning run. Sounds strange I know, but I’d rather reset the run so that Spurs at home starts a new winning run of games

Why not both? 

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Did a predictor thing of just the top 8, had us finishing 3rd on 75 points, ahead of Man Utd on goal difference, Man Utd 4th also on 75 and Spurs 5th on 69. No idea if too optimistic. :lol:

Before these last 3 games I would've said we'd finish on 69, but after winning these last 3 I think 75 is probably about right.

Just focused on beating Villa we do that and confidence is sky high. 

Second focus is injuries.  Let’s get ASM and Miggy fit with nobody else going down.  

Without injuries we are 70+ points.  

Likewise if spurs lose Kane for 3+ games it’s all over for them.  He’s having one of his best ever seasons. If he plays all 38 games like he’s on track to do - he’ll score 30+ goals. If he sits out 5, they’re done. 

24 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Just focused on beating Villa we do that and confidence is sky high. 

Second focus is injuries.  Let’s get ASM and Miggy fit with nobody else going down.  

Without injuries we are 70+ points.  

Likewise if spurs lose Kane for 3+ games it’s all over for them.  He’s having one of his best ever seasons. If he plays all 38 games like he’s on track to do - he’ll score 30+ goals. If he sits out 5, they’re done. 

On this theme. Does the same count for Rashford?

2 hours ago, andyc35i said:

I just don’t see us winning 7 games in a row, it just never happens. Happily take a draw and then go on another 5 game winning run :lol:

School system failed you, sorry.

Chat starting to permeate through other threads. Granted, not there yet, but getting closer and closer to the return of some form of European football back at SJP.

Sure there’s loads of helpful sites that we’ve all been resigned to having no relevance to us in recent times, so let’s get them all shared as and when required.

I do remember the below site being the nuts for all your coefficient needs from the last time we qualified:

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/index.html

And just because, here’s the details of next seasons finals:

CL - Sat 01/06/24 - Wembley Stadium, London

EL - Wed 22/05/24 - Aviva Stadium, Dublin

ECL - Wed 29/05/24 - TBC May 23