The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

614 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Even if we don't beat Leeds we've two home games right after it like, the time to worry is if we don't beat either Leeds or Brighton. This is all based on Liverpool continuing to win which they might not. They got two lucky 1-0 wins at home to lesser opposition. Lets see how they fair away to Leicester, or at home to Villa who'll give them a good go. 

Edited by Decky

Just now, Ketsbaia said:

Want to say so much.

Honestly what is there to say? We lost 2-0 to the head and shoulders second best team in the league. We hit the post at the beginning of each half, either of which would have changed everything. We had another couple chances that we’d score more often than not. 

I can’t imagine how today drastically changed anything for anyone and if you’re looking to use today to victory lap prior concerns then honestly I’d question if you’re rooting for the failure to happen. 

We can definitely get 2 wins and a draw against Leeds, Brighton and Leicester. 

If not playing Chelsea away with Lampard as manager and the players on the beach having nothing to play for isn't the worst fixture in the World for us tbh. 

Today's result hasn't really changed anything tbh. 

1 minute ago, Slim said:

Would say so.

Liverpool and Manchester are great clubs and will be an honour to have fought against them 👏 

I’m going to be sick!:dave:

5 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Is it still proper cool to not be worried or is everyone allowed to be a bit nervous now?

Do you change them when they’re wet or do you just sit in them for a bit? 

5 minutes ago, Ghp said:

I don’t normally post but some of the reactions are embarrassing. We could easily have won that game, we had the chances just needed a bit of luck. 

If it wasn’t for pope and bad finishing it could have been 4 or 5 ffs 

I fully expect us to finish off strong. We’ll have learned from this, our losses this season have been followed by adjustment, consolidation and brutal or ruthless pressing and finishing. 

Just now, LV said:

Do you change them when they’re wet or do you just sit in them for a bit? 

Nah mate I just forget it’s like proper cool to not express any worry when a 12 point lead has been cut to 3.

Good news is we generally respond quite well to a defeat. I’m down Leeds next week so fingers crossed.

It’s the absolute spawiness, jaminess, and the fact they’ve the match officials on their side every game that worries me about Liverpool. I honestly think they’ll win all their remaining games giving the sheer amount of luck on their side.

That means if we don’t win at Leeds, we’re under pressure to get two more wins from three games. The lads didn’t really handle the pressure of being in a cup final all that well and let the form dip for a few games, including the first half of the final; let’s hope they can hold their bottle this time.

I absolutely cannot wait for Leeds now. There's a huge edge to it with Allardyce in the dugout and, as Nut says, we always come out pumped to fuck after these types of setbacks. 

Today's a pisser but we've only been beaten by a side who, themselves, have emerged from a sticky patch and are good enough to be called Champions in a world where Man City doesn't exist. 

Does a Liverpool or a Brighton draw/defeat in the next round of games make it less necessary for us to win and draw a game after, should we beat Leeds of course? Would it then be just a win in the last 3 games to secure it? 

Edited by nufcjb