Arsenal vs. Newcastle United 3/1/23 @ 7:45pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, prefabtoon said:

They will be well up for revenge after we beat them 2-0 at home, and killed there champions league place in may last year.

But We can still get a result here if we keep our heads. HWTL,

And we will want to come back strong after the Leeds game! 

I don't see us really getting a hiding anymore seeing our defence is in such great shape. I think it'll all come down our strikers tonight and if Longstaff has a mare, because if Wilson plays then we've got a much better chance at getting something.

I'm expecting a proper battle in midfield though, with Joelinton and Bruno getting at them. I don't have expectations though, only hope, which is of course something we've lacked for so long.

Going with 2-2 but won't be too disheartened if we get nowt!

They are playing really well at the moment, will be a tough game for sure. It will be equally tough for them as well though, we are not an easy side to beat. The game we did lose we were robbed against Liverpool, we would have won that if the perfectly good goal by Isak had been allowed to stand.

As long as we give a good account of ourselves will swallow being beaten by them, they are really excellent at the moment, Oedegaard and Saka are both insanely good this season and will be difficult to keep them quiet. Hope we can get at least a draw would be amazing to win. 

If we win, Arsenal still have to play Man City twice and you'd think would need at least 4 points from those games to keep title favourites

Yeah, I think/hope we will put on a performance, regardless of the result. They have won every league game at the Emirates this season and only dropped 5 points in total from 16 games, I think?! Mental form, that. 

Still think they have looked open at times when teams have a go at them. Whilst their defensive record is decent, Brighton got chances when they had a go and should have had 3, really. 

The only slight worry I have really is that we'll put in 100% effort, do everything right, but still come up short.

That being my only worry is brilliant like. No worries at all about whether the effort will be there or us putting everyone behind the ball for 90 minutes. We might underperform of course, but I  know we'll be going there with the intention of doing everything we can to win, I can't ask for any more than that. 

The best thing about this game is that we have 2 cup games following this and a nice chance to reset should we lose.

By the time our next PL game comes around, Maxi will have laid down a marker, Isak will be close to PL return and we will be half way through the transfer window, which should start heating things up.

Edited by STM

Let’s face it they’re better than us all over the pitch aside from a couple of players so any result is a good one. Great to see how excited and up for it everyone is though, it’s a huge sign of respect to the playing and coaching staff.

Would absolutely love a total shitbag performance to earn a point or three. The fewm would be so rarefied you’d be able to spread it on a cracker and pair with some cheese to enjoy.

It's one of those where the only result that would surprise me is a total hammering being dished out by either side. 

It's a serious test for both teams tbh. We're the best side they'll have faced this season so it's a real examination of their title credentials. Beat us - on top of the record they've already amassed - and they're really cooking. Lose, however, and it's viewed as the first of the inevitable Arsenal cracks, before they fall away. 

Pressure is on them, not us. 

I'm going to have very low expectations. Of course I hope we can pull off something. Ahead of the Leeds game, I was confident. It's just the tired legs and the frustrations that the lads had towards the end of that game which is dragging my confidence down a bit.