Arsenal vs. Newcastle United 3/1/23 @ 7:45pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, Weezertron said:

Proper excited to test ourselves against the best in the country. 

I don’t have any real feeling of dread like I would a few years ago. Just a feeling of opportunity.

Can’t wait. 

I'm the opposite. Before it was just a write off and a 3-0 defeat was routine and anything less a bonus. Now it stings to lose. I mean I'm still bitter about the one game we have lost if last night was anything to go by.

Likewise can't wait though. Got league-cup Quarter-Finals in 96 feel about it. Hope ASM doesn't get sent-off for being fouled like Ginola that night though I'm sure the commentary will be similarly biased. Speaking of bitter.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Getting an increasing feeling that the guillotine of reality will come down on my head of hope tonight :lol:

Literally don't see us losing tonight through my black and white eyes. Yet, know the reality is that we'll most likely be beat :lol:

We've been incredibly consistent for a long, long time now. I can't see us not turning up. I just don't know if we'll have enough to win.

Still think it'll be a score draw, but I'm tilting towards a narrow defeat.

I’m honestly not even worried about the game, it’s weird. We don’t fear or ‘respect’ teams anymore which used to be half of the battle.

Going into games against the league’s best sides and knowing you’re not going to set out to just hang on makes a massive difference to your mindset.

I hope we sit in a bit me for 30mins. Stifle them a bit, we're more than capable. Although, I do think if we burst out the blocks and knick one early doors they'll absolutely shite themselves. Think the home fans will too.

Edited by Heron

We've been brilliant so far this season, so this feels like a free hit. Expect us to get beat because Arsenal are clearly the favourites, so I won't lose any sleep if we do, but I know we're definitely capable of getting something from the game which is a great feeling to have going into what on paper seems like it might be the hardest match of the season.

Domestic bills in the U.K. are an absolute pisstake.

They're keeping someone in caviar and hookers and it’s definitely not me. 

Edit: This in response to the laughably cheap sports packages abroad mentioned on the previous page.

Edited by LV

more excited than nervous. just looking forward to watching Eddie's mags on the box, and knowing win, lose, or draw we'll have gone there aiming for maximum points.

a club that tries, man :aww: what a feeling. fuck Mike Ashley. howay the lads!!

I'm pretty confident about our chances.

Peeking over the fence, but if I were Arteta, I would be happy with a draw and not going gung-ho if it exposes them to a counter. They have Spurs away next then Man U again. That's three potential defeats in a row and "Bottled it!" headlines just waiting to be written if their lead were to evaporate. Never mind going ten points clear, their aim today should be to not lose and consolidate their position at the top. Arsenal still have to play City twice, so there is a long way to go.

I keep banging a similar drum, we're now safe in the knowledge that we've went into the game fully prepared and that we aren't just there to make up the numbers, regardless of the result.  

Refreshing.